Skyrim nexus site (and only skyrim) very very slow

RegM

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, me too. I'm in the UK and it takes a good 5-10 minutes for anything to load, most of the time it just goes to "504 Gateway Time-out" also getting errors connecting through Nexus Mod Manager and sometimes when I manage to log in, it says "Server Unreachable" on my downloads. Also Just so you know, I have a very fast and stable internet connection.

I think it´s because of the steam sale. Whenever there is a sale, the site simply dies.

Try using the nexus sites on non-peak hours, like in the middle of the night during the week, if you can.

€: Wow even the forums are slow this time

Edited by blaa.nOx

I'm having the exact same problem. I just got my copy of Skyrim Legendary and want to play it after work, but there are a few mods I want to add that I couldn't use before. But, I can't log in to Skyrim Nexus. I get a time-out error every time I try. Trying to find a couple mods and it's getting annoying very quickly. When I do check out a mod page, the description never seems to load. Pretty sure I just found one of the mods I'm looking for, but I can't read the description to be sure.

Edited by mewmew34

Since 21:30 to 22:00 GMT+2 the skyrim nexus site was unreachable from Cyprus. It was loading to infinity. Was that a DoS ?

Edit: Scratch that.. it's still loading to infinity -.-

Edited by cyplevi

I have the same problem, but it started today, yesterday it was fine. I cant use nexus mod manager online it wount log in so im just going to work offline. My location is eastern United States. I use Nexus for Fallout New Vegas.

I've been using the nexus mods site for over a year now and for the best part its always slow. It works best if you use Google to search for a mod and link directly to the page instead of using the really slow search function on the site, also looking at the URL I'm guessing it's a privately hosted website which would explain the issues from heavy traffic. If the site was commercially hosted it wouldn't have these sorts of issues but i do realize the cost benefits of managing your own server.

• 3 weeks later...

I Have noticed that when i Try to launch NMM Nmm is also affected and will not connect to the Nexus Server while The Site refuses to load. So to make a long story short Confugureing my mods through NMM is impossible while The 502 error and infinite loading affects the Nexus site, This is very taxing and annoying for someone who just wants to surf the nexus. Every time i try to enter in a search or Access The main page i seem to get this error 60% of the time. I hope a solution comes up soon. I actualy like The nexus site it's where most mods I use come from.