Male&Female clothing and armor

jetflightgirl

So, when I woke up today, I couldn't help but notice that when I put on a pair of pants, they did NOT, indeed, become a skirt. Now, I haven't tested the result, but i'm sure that if any of you guys put on a skirt, it wouldn't turn into pants (and would probably just earn you a couple of odd looks from anyone who witnessed.

How difficult would it be to make a mod that'd separate the clothing items into male and female versions, and keep them that way? I imagine there'd be SOME difficulties (and I don't mean just the mental image of a 50-year old PC that was born 19 years ago, all dressed up in the female version of Merc Charmer's) with the fitting, but how hard would it be? It'd also have to include separating the items lying around in the world (technically, the items worn as well, but I think the call is easier there, which version is being worn), but not having your items magically turn into something else would most definitely be a bonus.

like in the elder scrolls series? hmm... i once had to script a minigame to seperate male and female pets... the mod has to add a new attribute to the clothing, not that small affection to the whole item system, but many times proven as doable. tricky part should be to apply the system to the actual characters in the game, like if you loot a female raider, her armor is restricted to females and viceversa.

it IS possible, but the difficulty? hmm... hardmode 8/10?

No, that's the point. It wouldn't be RESTRICTED... I mean, what's to stop a girl from wearing guy clothing, or vice versa? (except the vice versa probably looks weirder). Using Merc Charmer once again as an example, if a female character put on the male version, the clothing would look, on her, like the male version of it, jacket, huge collar and crotch cup included. The results would... often by "funny", but it beats "lol wizards did it" explanation to clothing transforming.

So, when I woke up today, I couldn't help but notice that when I put on a pair of pants, they did NOT, indeed, become a skirt. Now, I haven't tested the result, but i'm sure that if any of you guys put on a skirt, it wouldn't turn into pants (and would probably just earn you a couple of odd looks from anyone who witnessed.

If I were to put on a "skirt" I wouldn't get any weird looks seeing as being in Scotland I can just say "kilt". ;D

How difficult would it be to make a mod that'd separate the clothing items into male and female versions, and keep them that way? I imagine there'd be SOME difficulties (and I don't mean just the mental image of a 50-year old PC that was born 19 years ago, all dressed up in the female version of Merc Charmer's) with the fitting, but how hard would it be? It'd also have to include separating the items lying around in the world (technically, the items worn as well, but I think the call is easier there, which version is being worn), but not having your items magically turn into something else would most definitely be a bonus.

Seperating the items wouldn't be very hard (all the stuff can be done in GECK) but it'll probably bug out like crazy or at the very least you'd suffer clipping issues all the time (seeing as most clothing is designed around either the male or female models).

Archived