ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

draugr beard for players

• 2 weeks later...

I tried at this a while back. This is as far as it got. As far as I can see the bigger beards in the game consists of two parts. One being what I'll call "the base", close to the skin, and one being the "fluff" which, well... makes it fluffy. I replaced the full vanilla beard with the draugr beard and this was the result.

This beard in all black looks alright I suppose. But any other color has the problem you see in the picture. The draugr part of the beard is significantly darker. Unfortunately I don't know why it happens or how to fix it. I'm gonna keep at it a while longer. The last time I gave up due to lack of modding skill.

Still hoping that someone will add a handful of epic norse beards to the game...

Alright, tried a different approach. Replaced a medium beard and played around in nifscope. It's a little better but still looks pretty bad. There are plenty of see-through-areas when turning to sides and every texture i tried looks horrible in my opinion. None of the human beard or hair textures make it look any better than this (vanilla draugr beard texture).

This juicy beard needs some work. I might get back to this at some point but I think this is it for now. Thanks for the inspiration though!

Padraigh, Harbinger of The Companions, wishes you safe travels.