What happened to the Soviets?

SaintJames420

and who made that intro? americans... americans which are told what the prez wants :P

apart from that everyone in europe speaks german... or was it french... definately not english... those island dwellers are not part of europe... so no problem here...

also if the nuclear war in america and china was so bad that it affected europe in a way which would make it collapse it would have been a war which destroyed the whole world and would leave noone alive... not even supermutants...

actually we dont need that many ressources at all if we use our techonological advantage and europeans are also trained in the live under hardship since we actually experienced quite some real wars right at our doorsteps... europe wouldnt collapse that easily unlike america (just take kathrina in opposition to for example the oder flood...)

and if all gets bad we can still send those that make trouble to america like we always did ;D

i hope you start to get my point... you never know whats true and what not... who to belive and whom not... maybe the prez, maybe me, maybe god...

One of my friends rented this game and the one thing that he just COULD NOT get over is the lack of Russians.

I mean this is the freaking east coast! China is all the way on the other side of the planet, what is all their stuff doing all the way out there!!?? And where are the Russkies? Why hadn't they steamrolled through Africa or Western Europe and out across the Atlantic?

Couldn't be that tough. Certainly easier than crossing the Pacific and then an entire continent of pissed off Americans.

The Soviets probably supplied most of China's tech like they did in the past and like the Russian Federation still does today. In fact, I would not be surprised to see Soviet special forces fighting alongside the Chinese in Alaska. The Soviets might well have had power armor, too, as they were plenty obsessed with tanks during the Cold War.

Actually, the most plausible story for Soviet power armor would be based off the John Walker conspiracy, in which Walker and others turned traitor and sold the KGB documents relating to our nuclear submarine tech. Shortly after, Soviet subs became a serious threat to American security.

In the case of Fallout, it could be that an American turncoat supplied Russia with schematics and such. I know the Chinese never had power armor (thus their stealth suit), which is why I haven't mentioned it, but the Soviet Union really is a big unkown in the Fallout universe.

Of course, they could have turned to entirely different tech than both America and China. The Forced Evolutionary Virus (FEV) was a failed attempt to make genetically enhanced super soldiers; what if the Russians succeded where the USA failed? Or what if they developed cybernetically enhanced soldiers? You could stumble upon a DC research facility with some of the super soldiers in stasis and others dissected on autopsy tables along with the rest of their gear. Then you could throw in a quest in which you can wake up the surviving troops and either talk them into helping you or get torn limb from limb. You could also grant the player some of their tech/abilities in return for completing the quest, in the form of contracting a virus or getting cybernetically upgraded or something.

hey I really like your idea on the super soldiers....and the cybernetic ones to....that gives me a bunch of really good ideas.

Might have to wait till after the dlc comes out. Nothing like a frozen nuke devastated siberia right?

it is implied that Russia and Europe went to war over the limited resources in the Middle East and Africa. upon seeing the nuclear strikes on america and china the NATO and Warsaw pact countries would also follow suit and respond with nuclear weapons. All major cities and civilizations are demolished and wiped from the face of the earth.

The Chinese in DC are acctually a covert commando force inserted with the intention to create civil disobeidence in america through propaganda type warfare. releasing disturbing videos of american troops killing unarmed civilians, and spreading out arms and advice on how these people should rise up against the tyranical american leadership which doesn't care about them. this is why you see books 'Chinese covert ops' and the 'Chinese Assault rifle' through out the game, it was china making a secret war on the US in an attempt to destroy them from with in.

I personally would like to see some Soviets in Fallout 3, even if it was just the descendants of the Russian Embassy in Washington. It sort of makes sense that there would be people who would use the war as an example of how democracy failed, in order to turn people round to their way of thinking.

Archived