Mix and Mash One handed weapon holster replacer and armed to the teeth

Youwillhateme

I am entirely new to trying alter/mash mods. I am hoping to be able to edit Quicksilver500's Armed to the Teeth Mod, to match the pistol holster with UltimusCenturio's One handed Weapon Holster Replacer. I so far understand I'd need to re-rig the pistol meshes in ATT, but how would I do that? GECK? Nifscope?

There are really only a few pistols I usually use, so i wouldn't be too worried about editing too many meshes.

I'd also like to use one of the holsters from Flokii's Holster Gear for the ATT holster. How would I copy over the holster mesh/texture/ biped from one mod to use for the other?

I've been playing games with other peoples mods for ages, and Learning how to do some for myself just seems kind of fun.

You need a "mesh editor" for the NIF files like "Blender v2.49b (freeware)", and a "paint" type program for the textures (DDS files) like "Paint.NET (freeware)". You generally also need to use NifSkope (freeware) to edit some elements of the mesh files. Please start by looking at the "Programs and Tools" section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. As FNV is now an "old game" you need to use specific older versions of some tools (i.e. Blender) instead of the latest versions, for compatibility.

Then there are other sections (which contain links to tutorials) related to specific programs and general processes such as "Custom items".

-Dubious-