Creation Kit Help :(

Counciler

I am trying to create a higher armor level version of a specific headgear from Nivea's Winter Is Coming - Cloaks In Skyrim mod. The problem is, when I load up her mod in the Creation Kit with Skyrim.esm and Update.esm (or just Skyrim.esm alone), it gives me a TON of errors about literally every piece she made.

The errors all pretty much say:

MASTERFILE: Armor '1nivCloakBearClawTrimBrown' (0200233e) used invalid Biped Object slot 46 for race "DefaultRace"

and

MASTERFILE: ArmorAddon '1nivCloakBearClawTrimB' (02001DC5) used invalid Biped Object slot 40 for race "DefaultRace"

I ignored them at first, but after creating the modded headgear, it won't save the ArmorAddons listed in the little box for the Armor piece. This translates to the object being invisible ingame when worn, even though the correct model shows up when dropped and in preview. I have no idea why it won't save the entries, and why it does it to my active plugin, yet Nivea's mod doesn't have any issues.

I don't want to edit over her mod, so I have been creating a new plugin for it.

How can I fix this?

These are images taken of how I had it set up before saving, and how it looks after loading the plugin into the CK again (or skyrim for that matter), EVEN AFTER SAVING THE CHANGES.

http://i.imgur.com/3wZJvAi.png

Note the missing entries. Checking the "Show All" box does NOTHING. There is NOTHING in that list to show. At all.

Edited by Counciler

First the errors it spits out, are benign they are just telling you i used odd slots for the most part. So you can ignore all that.

Now the real problem, a esp can not be the master of another esp. That is why everything goes away when you save, your esp can not find any of the items located in my esp.

You need to either just edit my .esp, or make mine into a ESM temporarily.

You can do that with either Wrye Bash or TES5Edit.

Wrye Bash:

Right click on my mod-> copy to .esm

TES5Edit:

(make back up) Open my mod-> File Header-> Right click on record flags and check .esm box

Now make your patch.

After that you need to change your mod to use my .esp instead of your temporary esm.

Wrye Bash:

Click on your mod-> (located in the box on the right side)Masters-> right click on 1nivWICCloaks.esm-> Change to 1nivWICCloaks.esp.

TES5Edit:

Open your mod-> File Header-> Masters-> right click on 1nivWICCloaks.esm and rename it to 1nivWICCloaks.esp.

That should do it.

Thank you, Nivea!

This is a completely new concept for me. I haven't been modding ES games since Morrowind, and back then you could base an .esp on another .esp, so I did not expect that change to happen. This should solve the issue for me.

So can an .esp have another .esp as a master when playing, it is just the CK that doesn't like saving them?

Pretty much, just how its been on Beth games since Oblivion. Morrowind was different but now its not possible to do that.