Who here watches Game of Thrones ?

fustru

I personaly loved the Funeral scene in episode three . . with the bow . . that was priceless . . no one thinks of these small things how do they do that ?!

it's called "writing".

It's this wonderful thing where people look at the whole story, then focus in at singular aspects of that story which they then can enhance through timing, foreshadowing, and similar to change how we might perceive a person before being rewarded with the knowledge that our perceptions are probably correct. In this case, the first scene we see that person is one where he is making a fool of himself in front of gathered members of family and related families. In the next scene we are given validation of his incapability over the discussion of the mill he took and why it was a stupid mistake.

All of this "writing" stuff usually works better when, as is the case here, there are written novels to form the basis for that writing. This is not always the case, since many times directors or screen-writers cut up the base novel to make it fit, or go in wild seemingly unrelated ways to try and "improve" some aspect of the story.

I see what your saying and i have to agree, but every movie and tv series have "writers" behind them, but the writers behind game of thrones always surprise me with amazing scenes, i wonder if that scene was in the book and it GRRM's writing . .