Should i use FNIS or not?

SalazarDrago

The first time I installed FNIS, it messed with a few animations (I assume, but I am not sure), though they were so obscure that I didn't notice until days later. I re-installed and I haven't noticed any issues since. I personally think that it's worth having to deal with the potential issues, but that's because I mod a lot, and it's useful for poses.

I have used FNIS for quite some time now...updated when needed, etc... and find it a brilliant tool, very helpful....It doesn't have bugs, is a very steady file and the Modder is very involved....If you take the time to read through the thread you will eventually find these 'bugs' are due to a number of reasons, none of which are a direct result of FNIS....usually people having installed it incorrectly, people with Pirated copies of Skyrim, not updating their Skyrim, another Mod, etc...Talk to Fore if you concerned (the Modder), he is very helpful.

FNIS DOES have bugs, just because someone hasn't found them yet doesn't mean they aren't there! But regardless it is a great program, and works amazingly if installed RIGHT, it's just very easy to do it WRONG, especially when combined with PCEA specifically! I have had a LOT of glitches with these two before, and it's very important to install PCEA FIRST then install FNIS, even though FNIS says the opposite! If you don't, you can very easily get bad bugs, Like CTDs, and like entire races being stuck in the "T pose" permanently - I once even had to totally reinstall skyrim thanks to this bug!

The trick is, read EVERY instruction manual you can get your hands on, if you do everything RIGHT it will be an amazing tool that is almost as great as SKSE, allowing for LOTS of great new mods, and PCEA really adds to that, allowing you to really customize movement! Just know that if you are looking for a quick easy to install 'idiot proof' mod, this isn't exactly that, but if you can follow instructions well, then it's no sweat at all and will be well worth your time! ^_^ I use it on 3 of my 4 installs of skyrim, and only left it out of the other because it runs WAY to many scripts. XD