Hircine's Hunting Grounds

CelticWolfLord

Okay guys, I'm new to these forums so not too sure how to start this.......I'm a major werewolf fan, and honestly mods to improve the deplorable state of werewolves in skyrim have been made, I personally do not have the Dragonborn DLC so I do not know the state of werewolves in the latest DLC, but from my perspective it can be said that there are no solid areas that a wereowolf can play in, what I mean by this is the fact in legend, werewolves are ultimate hunters created by Hircine, it is a gift given to a chosen few, and as suchm these chosen few are made dominant over all most other sentient creatures in existance, and what I always imagine when I go into beast mode is this: lush forests, running streams, chirping birds, the beating heart of a fowl in the distance, the rush as you dash through the trees on all four, and in a flash take down the helpless animal, and even more so, I see this in the technical "heaven" of lycanthropes, Hircine's hunting grounds, the place where all werewolves go upon death, we all found out about this in the books and the companion quest line, but honestly, the companions felt a bit lackluster, do a few quests bam you can turn into a dog *cue applause* but what I'd really like is a fully fleshed out forest, a new playing area where you embrace the hunt, either as a human, defying Hircine's most base ideals, or as a beast, following his ideals, hunting the most powerful prey, the fastest runners, the fiercest fighters and the most cunning tricksters, all in the name of the hunt, i'm not asking for a full questline(although it would be appreciated), I'm just asking for a dynamic hunting ground, where you can hunt as you please, in the snow, in the forests, in the deserts and in the grasslands, the ULTIMATE hunting ground, I would appreciate a small area as beautiful as this could be, this gives the opportunity for all different kinds of modders, the ones who make the animals and the monsters, the ones who program the AI and the behavior of said animals and monsters, the ones who design the lush rolling meadows that could be spilled with adorable were-bunny blood, or the vast deserts home to serpentine demons and giant scorpions(ideas) or even the exotic jungle, home to the were-leapards and tigers that hunt through the platform-like trees, or even the, dare i say it, WERE-CROC, hunting one of those in a foggy, murky swamp with water up to your knees would be an amazing experience and/or questline, obviously it doesn't have to be a perfect world that makes me cry in joy, I would just like a place to fully realise my werewolf-ey dreams....

• 1 month later...

WHOA LOOKS SICK I LIKE MUCHO. Is there a thread for this on the Nexus? Or should I just discuss it here lmao.

ANYWAY I dig the whole hunger games/ battle royale style quest sounds so sick. An idea I thought when I read what RJHelms84 wrote was that you should have one contender who befriends you near the beginning of the hunt and allies with you to take down the other 8 (arbitrary number). And then towards the end, there will be the obvious question of how to deal with your new ally (since one of you must die). Or maybe he/she will turn against you? Lead you into a trap? OMG i am getting so excited just thinking about it jeez. Now I have to get Dawnguard so I can brush up on my werewolfing and be at the top of my game when this mod comes out!

THAT HIRCINE MODEL LOOKS AMAZING. Please make the armor playable LOL.

Oh and I saw that other Hircine Hunting Ground mod, it looks well-made but there seems to be a lot of bugs and the creator doesn't seem to be very responsive. Not even going to download it just going to wait for this beauty to be released!!

Also do you have a ballpark date for when this will be released? June, July, August? SEPTEMBER?! (oh god plz no ;_; )

Edited by Tehandyman

It's a bit too early to speculate a release date. That's not to say it will be a very long time, just that it's difficult to say when it will be released. We've got a good plan of what we want to do, a good outline of the story/plot, so at this stage it's a case of filling in the fine details of the quest/s, then writing dialogue and getting voice actors in to record, while I'm doing the programming.

We don't want to rush anything out, so we can give players the best possible experience, at hopefully professional quality.

The team has learned a lot from our last big project, Beyond Boulder Dome, so we want to make sure we get everything just right, and keep everything at a high standard.

Keep watching our blog for more updates!

Rob

Edited by rjhelms84

• 6 months later...