2 Issues I've got.

ZeeKusa

Ok here's a better plan, this is a free plan too

it takes a bit of thought, but it will help you out and retain a permanent copy of your installed game.

When you want to deploy the game to a different area, instead of moving it ,you extract it to the new location.

I'm talking about making a backup copy of that installed game VIA ISO image.

Totally free and legal. When you want to change where the game sits, the only thing that matters are reinstalling tools sets.

Screenshot-2021-09-03-143009.png

Now, where ever the game sits right now? as long as it's not deployed in C:\Program Files And Folders (x86) ? your good to go.

you need to learn the programing a bit but it's really easy.

2ndly you can not have any mods data in the games data folder at all. This is after all to be a backup copy of your game installed.

the targeted drive for storing the ISO image can reside on drive D: in a folder of your own making.

same as deploying the tools sets.

All of this is just advice. You do not have to do all of this right now. But this is to let you know there are ways around redownloading tons of stuff if your IP is turtle soup.

I understand. Now, Mo2 needs to be installed into a new folder you can keep track of and remember what it was all about.

the sort button is directly above the column of the plugins listed.

Kitty

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steam allows me to move the games folder into a secondarily created 'SteamLibrary' folder on my D Drive. I can move a copy of NV there from my C to D drive now, but either way, it has to be one or the other. I cannot have NV present in my C drive > Steam Libary> Steamapps > Common > New Vegas or obviously there is going to be a conflict with trying to run NV in two separate folders.

Edited by GammaINC

Alright, I'm just going to reinstall New Vegas when I get the chance onto my D drive- hopefully my hotspot data resets today or tomorrow and I can get it done sooner, but I'm just going to go with a fresh install of new vegas and mod organizer 2 entirely. All I really care about is salvaging this save game and ensuring the robots in Lonesome Road's hopeville silo do what they're supposed to. So, I'm just going to backup my save games and do a complete reinstall

Steam allows me to move the games folder into a secondarily created 'SteamLibrary' folder on my D Drive. I can move a copy of NV there from my C to D drive now, but either way, it has to be one or the other. I cannot have NV present in my C drive > Steam Libary> Steamapps > Common > New Vegas or obviously there is going to be a conflict with trying to run NV in two separate folders.

Correct

Alright, I'm just going to reinstall New Vegas when I get the chance onto my D drive- hopefully my hotspot data resets today or tomorrow and I can get it done sooner, but I'm just going to go with a fresh install of new vegas and mod organizer 2 entirely. All I really care about is salvaging this save game and ensuring the robots in Lonesome Road's hopeville silo do what they're supposed to. So, I'm just going to backup my save games and do a complete reinstall

I pay for 5 Phones, one of which is a WI-Fi 5g receiver Mobil Hotspot.

I can stack the IP protocols and have tier 3 speeds.

But I can afford it so in order to have the speed I need Mobil. I understand fully.

To day was house cleaning day, I removed all my game stuff off of this drive so to prepare for OS deployment to another Rig I just finished Building.

No worries, I am making arrangement's on another PC for FNV game and tools.

Edited by Purr4me

Right- so, when I do all that, I'll see if I can run my game in vanilla on a new game- then I'll see if I can run my backup save without any mods, and then I imagine we can move on from that point if all goes well.... otherwise, well, I imagine the problem may be something else then. I appreciate the saintly patience and willingness to help so far.

Edited by GammaINC

Right- so, when I do all that, I'll see if I can run my game in vanilla on a new game- then I'll see if I can run my backup save without any mods, and then I imagine we can move on from that point if all goes well.... otherwise, well, I imagine the problem may be something else then. I appreciate the saintly patience and willingness to help so far.

correct, it's no problem. That's why I'm here.

You mentioned a Discord server where you help people? Is there any chance I could get an invite to that? Communicating over the forums is kind of awkward and clumsy. If you don't want to post the link publicly, my Discord account is still -snip-

Edited by GammaINC

You mentioned a Discord server where you help people? Is there any chance I could get an invite to that? Communicating over the forums is kind of awkward and clumsy. If you don't want to post the link publicly, my Discord account is still GammaINC#8023

sent "in your nexus Pm is where to look.

Edited by Purr4me