2 Issues I've got.

ZeeKusa

I see "Lonesome Road EDE FIX 2.esp", which is from "YUP Lonesome Road EDE repair weapon stuck fix" (from 2014). Don't see anything else that obviously affects Lonesome Road ED-E but I haven't heard that anyone has identified the cause of this problem either.

Did you have that mod installed before starting LR, or did you add it later in an attempt to fix the problem?

Have you tried testing with a "new game" without any mods or acquiring ED-E as a companion to see if the problem still exits? If not, you may have to try adding mods one at a time to see which causes the conflict.

Did you see that this fix has been incorporated in YUP10+?

Did you try the console commands for ".waiting", "isfollowing", and "combatstyle" suggested by sandbox6 in the description and comments?

Do you understand what is meant by "the regular ED-E"? The ED-E you get find in Primm has a different REF-ID than the version you encounter in LR, and needs to be prevented from accompanying you into LR (the ".bedehired" command). You have to use the correct REF-ID with the console commands.

If you haven't already, please read the replies to comments by sandbox6. Ask if you don't understand something.

-Dubious-

I did try all of those, and I did install the fix as I was doing LR as an attempt to fix it, I thought that maybe somehow my version of YUP was screwing up or something and that fix would help it, unfortunatly it didn't, I managed to eventually get through LR by killing and resurrecting ED-E anytime he got stuck but it was still extremely annoying and tedious as hell to do, Also Mojave ED-E works fine, even after finishing LR he works fine, so I'm not sure why LR in particular broke for me, all those mechanics like robots not targeting for me only happend in LR and not anywhere else in the game...

actually, when I think about it more instead of it just being ED-E that was broken, all the robotic entities in lonesome road didn't attack, or move at all.. so perhaps this is a bug to do with that instead of just ED-E?

Edited by ZeeKusa

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all robotic entities are "broken" in LR, then that would likely be affecting ED-E as well. As it only affects LR, most likely cause is something broke those scripts in that DLC. As you have completed it you probably are not interested in troubleshooting it, but bear it in mind if you encounter problems later on with other "robots".

-Dubious-

I see "Lonesome Road EDE FIX 2.esp", which is from "YUP Lonesome Road EDE repair weapon stuck fix" (from 2014). Don't see anything else that obviously affects Lonesome Road ED-E but I haven't heard that anyone has identified the cause of this problem either.

Did you have that mod installed before starting LR, or did you add it later in an attempt to fix the problem?

Have you tried testing with a "new game" without any mods or acquiring ED-E as a companion to see if the problem still exits? If not, you may have to try adding mods one at a time to see which causes the conflict.

Did you see that this fix has been incorporated in YUP10+?

Did you try the console commands for ".waiting", "isfollowing", and "combatstyle" suggested by sandbox6 in the description and comments?

Do you understand what is meant by "the regular ED-E"? The ED-E you get find in Primm has a different REF-ID than the version you encounter in LR, and needs to be prevented from accompanying you into LR (the ".bedehired" command). You have to use the correct REF-ID with the console commands.

If you haven't already, please read the replies to comments by sandbox6. Ask if you don't understand something.

-Dubious-

I did try all of those, and I did install the fix as I was doing LR as an attempt to fix it, I thought that maybe somehow my version of YUP was screwing up or something and that fix would help it, unfortunatly it didn't, I managed to eventually get through LR by killing and resurrecting ED-E anytime he got stuck but it was still extremely annoying and tedious as hell to do, Also Mojave ED-E works fine, even after finishing LR he works fine, so I'm not sure why LR in particular broke for me, all those mechanics like robots not targeting for me only happend in LR and not anywhere else in the game...

actually, when I think about it more instead of it just being ED-E that was broken, all the robotic entities in lonesome road didn't attack, or move at all.. so perhaps this is a bug to do with that instead of just ED-E?

Alright, hopefully it was just for that character for some reason and hopefully the game won't break in half again when I play another character haha

• 6 months later...

Normally I wouldn't necro a thread, but I'm encountering this same exact issue with Lonesome Road right now and haven't found any similar threads with any solutions. I went through and disabled mod-by-mod to see what could get the Sentry Bot's and ED-E to attack, but have had literally zero luck. I'm not sure what the issue is, and it's really starting to get frustrating as I enjoy having my game experience be as difficult as possible. I use a really light mod count (30-ish mods, mostly fixes and crash-preventers, etc) and this is the only time I've had a serious issue like this.

I would post my load order, but apparently I can't take a screenshot with lightshot or even windows and upload it here, so, that's epic.

The only things I can think of that might screw with the Robot's AI is stuff like BLEED, Ragdolls, NV Compatibility Skeleton, YUP, and that's about it. But I've disabled all of them and tried it out, but the robots still don't attack in Hopeville Missile Silo

Edited by GammaINC

Normally I wouldn't necro a thread, but I'm encountering this same exact issue with Lonesome Road right now and haven't found any similar threads with any solutions. I went through and disabled mod-by-mod to see what could get the Sentry Bot's and ED-E to attack, but have had literally zero luck. I'm not sure what the issue is, and it's really starting to get frustrating as I enjoy having my game experience be as difficult as possible. I use a really light mod count (30-ish mods, mostly fixes and crash-preventers, etc) and this is the only time I've had a serious issue like this.

I would post my load order, but apparently I can't take a screenshot with lightshot or even windows and upload it here, so, that's epic.

The only things I can think of that might screw with the Robot's AI is stuff like BLEED, Ragdolls, NV Compatibility Skeleton, YUP, and that's about it. But I've disabled all of them and tried it out, but the robots still don't attack in Hopeville Missile Silo

what kind of command and control interphase do you currently have with ED-ie?

IS it Vanilla or have you changed how ed-ie works in some way?

Basically you talk to edie and instruct him on his tatctics.

It's vanilla. It's not just ED-E, it's sentry bots, turrets, basically every robot in the Divide is non-hostile.

web site Post it ? i think , there's a place you upload logs for other s to read.

Plutin.text file " C:\users / User name/ Local/Falout game/ plugin.txt file.

That contains current running game files and the order in which it is presented to the game engine.

Now, in here "on this website" there is an icon to the right of what looks like an eraser, it's green in color - two green bars on it.

click that and a drop down will appear, scroll down to the word spoiler. click that, in the window, post the Entire contents of what's inside the plugin.txt file and hit Enter.

Now we can read what you want to get across to us.

Another alternative is to upload the very latest saved game file for us to download and inspect. With these Bethesda games we have tools to allow us to read the contents of the saved game file, it includes current load order the game engine is processing.

plugin.txt is a blank text file so i'm literally just gonna type them out at this point straight from the plugins section of my MO2. also tried to upload the save file and was told i'm not permitted to upload this kind of file

NCRTrooperOverhaul

PaintYourWeapon
pipboy2500_edisleado
QwibsHolsters
Riot Gear Neck Cover
TFH Rugged Race
The Courier
The Mod Configuration Menu
TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody
UrgeWasterScarf
WeightlessAmmo
FNV Naval SMG
Ragdolls
B42 Quickthrow
Explosive Sounds Overhaul
BLEEDNV
BLEEDNV - Ragdolls Patch
Real Recoil
uncut Wasteland
YUP - Base Game + ALL DLC
YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC)

Edited by GammaINC

plugin.txt is a blank text file so i'm literally just gonna type them out at this point straight from the plugins section of my MO2. also tried to upload the save file and was told i'm not permitted to upload this kind of file

NCRTrooperOverhaul

PaintYourWeapon

pipboy2500_edisleado

QwibsHolsters

Riot Gear Neck Cover

TFH Rugged Race

The Courier

The Mod Configuration Menu

TrooperOverhaul-Dragbody

UrgeWasterScarf

WeightlessAmmo

FNV Naval SMG

Ragdolls

B42 Quickthrow

Explosive Sounds Overhaul

BLEEDNV

BLEEDNV - Ragdolls Patch

Real Recoil

uncut Wasteland

YUP - Base Game + ALL DLC

YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC)

Ok I'll try to explain things a bit here, it's important I have the game flow data, not what you see, that the machine is processing at game runtime.

I'll point you to a nice clean web site ok ? So you have a method to upload files too.

https://mega.nz/start

you do not choose business, that cost money. you choose the free plan.

Once your all done you click upload and browse to the very latest saved game file AND SELECT IT

Once it's done uploading there, you right click the file and choose , follow the pictures I am posting here.

Instructions-for-Mega-1.jpg

Instructions-for-mega-2.jpg

Nexus-green-Ball-chain-link.jpg

Now there should not be any more issues.

I have good reasons I need the data in order to assist you. this is not a guessing game.

2ndly ? you have issues with your game install. I'll not dive in to that right now, but know I know there's a problem.

There should Never be just an empty Plugin.txt file. " EVER"

Yeah, I got it, I just wasn't sure if it was a surface level issue relating to load order or a mod confliction which is why I was reluctant to dive into more complicated fixes for my issues- as this one is comparatively minor and up until this point my game has worked pretty much flawlessly beyond a couple load order conflicts I've had. If it's a deeper engine or install issue that needed to have been said in the first place. Here is both the save and the NVSE copy that is made in the folder

https://mega.nz/folder/fKR3Ca4J#q2gQXK5ADVHJVeGfKAOHzw