ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

weapon equipping sound problem?

caedmon115

I am making a mod and I am trying to make a new sound for my weapon when I equip it. but when i make my own sound file in the fallout nv G.E.C.K. and apply it to my weapon in its "art and sound" tab under the "equip sound" option, i can't get it to play the sound in the game, it is just dead silence. all the other vanilla sounds in the game are working just fine.

the sound files i am using are in a 96,000Hz 16 bit mono.wav format. i am using WavPad sound editor masters edition to edit out some parts in the sound files i didn't want.

Anyone have any suggestions or know how to fix this?

this is also my first time using this forum so idk if i am posting this in the right place or not.

i looked at all the formats and they are all the same as the ones i am using. also i try changing the format to different types and it still didnt work. i also tried replacing one of my files with one that i KNOW works (because it is a vanilla sound file for the mysterious magnum) and even it didnt work, so its gotta be somewhere in the G.E.C.K. that i am messing up but don know where.