Sudden frequent crashes.

AWOL85

I'm having sudden and frequent crashes playing New Vegas. It wasn't really a problem until I got into Big MT. Now the game crashes within a minute of playing it. I've shut off most of my mods but I still have the problem.

I used to just ignore the crashes and restart but as you can guess, there isn't much I can get done in a minute or less of gameplay. Anyone know of any potential fixes?

Could be any number of things from DLCs being in the wrong order to a bad load order or just generally unpatched conflicts with mods, really you'd have to look in FNVedit to find out what your mods are doing. And if you haven't already create a merged patch. Don't be surprised if you end up finding the fix in FNVedit etc and you go into game and it crashes, realistically you need to apply the fix then go into your game and wait 4 days to reset everything because a save can still be affected, and sometimes they are terminally affected and will crash more often then if you started a new game with fixes implemented.

Okay, what does FNVedit do? I looked at the description of the download and it says not to mess with it if you don't know what you're doing.

Secondly, I did shut off most mods, so I thought that might help, I kept a couple than added 3 that said it could fix it. When I have FNVedit, what do I do with it?

It sounds like it could fix my problem but I don't want to mess with it and then have everything be permenately screwed up. I'm going to try and play an old save in the meantime to see if that save works okay. I really want all my stuff and levels that I got from the Big MT.

Well, I shut off every single mod I have and the problem still persists, even across different saves. I know New Vegas was a shitty game, but I thought that I would be able to find a work around on the computer, since I have so many options to fiddle with and mods to add.

If someone could link me to a tutorial about how to fix possible programming glitches/bugs/compatability issues through FNVedit it would be greatly appreciated because right now I'd just be working blind, and I don't end up screwing things up more becuase I don't know what I'm doing.

I know EXACTLY what the offending item is. It appears in both games and the second I try to highlight it the game crashes. It's my Assault Carbine.

How do I fix this then? I told FNVedit to check for errors but it said there are none. What do I need to choose to fix this problem?

Edited by AWOL85