Hire-able manservant... a little help needed...

keithbk

So I wanted to create my first mod, and it works up to a point...

Easy stuff:

Once you own a home in Skyrim, you have the option to hire a house servant. His main job is to relay messages (dynamic quests) from the Jarl when you visit your home. Essentially, he's relaying the same dynamic quests you could get in the taverns or from the Jarl's servants. During dialog, you can have him move to any house you own, and he will relocate to greet you on your next visit.

Hard stuff:

The biggest issue is that he can ONLY relay quests from the Jarl in which your home is situated, just like the barkeep in the taverns.

I would like for him to curate ALL the different Jarl dynamic quests, so you can receive a list of tasks from throughout Skyrim, all from the comfort of your own home. That means, I go to my home in Riften and he tells me what the Jarl of Markarth wants, etc. Of course, to receive your reward, you still need to travel back to the appropriate Jarl, but I cannot figure out a way to tap into the quests from other Holds.

Any tips?

Edited by keithbk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

No, I never figured out a way to do this.

Also, when he moves to the new home, there is a marker for him to travel to, but he never sandboxes inside the house, even though I believe I've set him to do so... He just stands at his single waypoint marker without ever moving. What am I doing wrong?

Cool idea! I've never looked into this but my assumption is that it would come from a faction. Go to the quest that that dialogue comes from and then go to conditions. That specifies the conditions needed for the NPC to be able to say that dialogue. You could then add the NPC to all of the various factions for each hold but it might create multiple different dialogue options. You could redo the quests as one, and readd the dialogue (that's the most annoying part) the dialogue already exists in the game but you have to convert it to WAV to listen to it, then convert it back and rename it to what the dialogue branch automatically get names. I'm sure that made no sense but if it comes down to having to do that feel free to ask for a more detailed explanation