Weird Glowing Red Skin Bug Help?

aegi97

This is my first post on here so forgive me if I format this wrong
For some reason whenever I go into an interior and I fire my gun my character starts glowing red
ENB on or off my character glows red. I've tried a fresh install and I tried disabling the Steam Overlay but the problem still persists and I could only find one thread on some random forum with people who've had this issue
If anyone can offer any sort of tips or suggestions it'd be a godsend

Welcome to the forum!

I believe (because I never tried that scenario) that is intended behavior, telling you that you have been reported for a "crime". Interiors are "owned" cells by either individuals and/or factions. "Unauthorized" behavior is treated as "trespassing" at a minimum, especially if it is "witnessed" (which doesn't care if there is a survivor or not). You might be interested in the mod "No Witnesses".

As you are new, suggest you take a look at the wiki "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags", etc..

-Dubious-

Thank you for the welcome!
Unfortunately the red glow persists despite the mod
I appreciate the help though and that most certainly answered why I only glowed red indoors instead of outdoors

I'll just try to live with the red skin lol

Welcome to the forum!

I believe (because I never tried that scenario) that is intended behavior, telling you that you have been reported for a "crime". Interiors are "owned" cells by either individuals and/or factions. "Unauthorized" behavior is treated as "trespassing" at a minimum, especially if it is "witnessed" (which doesn't care if there is a survivor or not). You might be interested in the mod "No Witnesses".

As you are new, suggest you take a look at the wiki "How to markup images (etc) in forum posts and comments" article for how to use "Spoiler tags", etc..

-Dubious-

• 1 month later...

This issue has driven me insane for years, and it's far worse with ENB. When I toggle my ENB off, it looks just like that screenshot, but with it on it turns half of my skin bright red. I tried the No Witnesses mod but it didn't stop this skin bug. I checked all of the shaders with FNVEdit for falloutNV.esm but none of them seemed to stand out as a culprit, so I wonder if it's hardcoded.

The thing is that I also get this outside everywhere too, and it seems to be affected by how much light is on my character. It shows up always if I turn on both the pipboy light and the flashlight from the Flashlight NVSE mod at the same time, but if I just use either it won't show up unless I go near another light source. If I turn the camera certain angles away from the light source it also temporarily disappears.

Edited by 45AARP