Ripper: No more Doom 3!

Rottgut

Another huge pet peave of mine is the way the Ripper functions in FO3. I can recall the first time I picked up the Ripper and said to myself "Sweet! Now I can hack people to shreds!" instead, I got a very Doom 3-ish result: holding the blade out in front of me like I'm scared of the damn thing, and chasing people with it. I beseech you, someone please fix the swing animations for this weapon and make this wannabe Doom chainsaw into the chain-sword we know and love as the Ripper!

I have tried myself using the GECK, but for some reason I cant get it to work right, I am by no means a modder however, so knowing me I did something wrong.

I kindof liked the idea of holding it out in front of me and letting the enemy run into it, but I agree, there should be either another ripper or something that allows you to wield it like the Combat knife.

though it was never really a chainsword, more of a chainbayonette, it was never long enough for a chainsword (which would be cool to add in as well as a lengthened variant which you can wield like a shishkebab or the Chinese officer sword.)

Archived