Problem with TES construction set

Kataura

Well, I seem to have quite a frustrating problem with TES construction set right now.

You see, when I try to add things to the interior of a house I had installed (it's not one I've made, it's an underwater dome I've downloaded, it's sooo awesome!) and click "save", it appears to have done, but when I go into the game, none of what I have done has saved. All that time adding and tweaking, wasted. I go back into the construction set and check the mod I've added things to, but none of the things I've added are there anymore!

Now, I have made houses before and they've been fine, but it's now decided it doesn't know how to save anymore! Is there something I'm not doing? I set the mod I've chosen to add things to as "active" and so on, what could I possibly be forgetting or doing wrong? Could it be the things I'm adding? If so I'd like to know why.

If there's anyone with any ideas or thoughts on how to help, thank you so much, I can't tell you how frustrating this is.

Oh my, that would annoy me, too. I'm no professional with the CS, but I will try to help a little.

1st of all: are you creating an additional plugin(recommended) or are you editing the under water domes Plugin(not recommended)? I really suggest creating an additional one in case the domes get updated. You can then just install it normally and adjust your things, no recreation needed.

No on to the problem. When loading the plugin, did you "set it as Active Plugin"? When I'm creating my mods, I usually create a new plugin 1st, save it, set it to active and start to work then. Might be that you forgot to do that. Afai remember, the CS is not happy about tweaking things and creating a new plugin afterwards.

AH Yes, I remember one bug on my CS which happens sometimes: Whenever you change something, you can see 2 symbols next to your pluggies name in the window headline of the CS. Once you save, one Symbol disappears, leaving a single one behind(sorry because of this poor explanation, since I have a custom Font for my winxp, those 2 symbols appear as squares which stands for unsupported characters). Sometimes however(usually when applying many changes), I had to save twice for the CS to take over the work. I remember working on my Race Idle Project some months ago and after changing something, saving once and testing, the changes didn't appear. I then noticed those symbols I mentioned earlier...

I think (not 100% sure on this) that I tried both adding to the mod, and making a plugin (seperate times) but the plugin didn't work either. It crashed when I tried to load it in the game and had only a few items to show in the CS. :(

I'll try and look out for those symbols though. Thank you. :)

The reason for the crash could be some sort of esm/esp load order problem.

Think, think... You could create a new plugin with TES4Edit. Just load that sea dome mod along with Oblivion.esm(deactivate all others), expand the list for the sea domes and look the the right header(not sure which one will appear, but you could just open any one, I won't destroy the pugin). Copy one of the entries by right clicking it (there will be a warning, wait 3 seconds and click "I'm sure" or whatever the right option was) and pick "copy as overwrite info to". A new window will appear asking you where you want to save the copy. Make sure that ONLY "new File" is checked, then name it and voila, we have a new plugin with sea domes as master. You can close TES4Edit then which will also save the new file, just make sure that you check it when TES4Edit asks you what you want to save. You can then use that plugin in CS. That might get rid of the crash I suppose...

Still getting problems with this unfortunetly. :( Not sure whether it's my cs (prehaps I need an update) Tried changing it but nothing happens. Guess I'll just have to lump it. All I wanted to do was add some furniture to the already existing house, but nothing works. Tried making a seperate plugin and then tried to combine, but it got corrupted and I couldn't use it. *sigh*

The mods I'm trying to add to the "Bravil sea dome" are "Vanity table", "highland furniture set" and some other furniture mods I can't remember the name of.

The mods I'm trying to add to the "Bravil sea dome" are "Vanity table", "highland furniture set" and some other furniture mods I can't remember the name of.

You cannot easily add content from one .esp into another .esp. This is why you cannot save what you do, or why the game may be crashing. This is because the index of items placed in your mod are associated wth load orders. The first mod loaded in the CS is 01, the second mod is 02, the third mod is 03. Unless you specifically have an understanding, and a very specific reason, you NEVER, EVER, EVER, want to load more than 1 .esp mod in the CS. Making any of them a master is not a good solution since both mods likely make changes to vanilla cells, definitions, or worldspaces. If any other .esm conflicts with Oblivion.esm, many terrible things can happen, including a total loss of all terrain.

No matter what, nothing you do will be something that you can upload without getting permission from ALL modders involved, so please acknowedge this before continuing. There's no problem if it's personal use, but often modders do not like their work being changed and uploaded. The easiest methods would be to either use TES4Gecko to merge the sea domes mod with all those furniture mods, and then, since it is a single .esp, make what changes are needed. Or to open up the sea domes mod, and make new definitions within that mod, using unique names, for all the furniture you wanted to use. If you go with the merge method, you should only enable the merged .esp, and not any of the mods which were part of it.

Also, if you get warning messages when using the CS, you should NEVER click "yes to all" unless you have no intentions of saving the work. Clicking "yes to all" can often prevent certain errors from showing up, which may prevent the mod being saved, scripts from working, or the game from even using the mod.

Archived