What was missing in Skyrim?

FillipeMattos

A decent Combat System would have been nice, instead of just clicking the mouse button until something falls over. But I guess you can only put so much code into this game. Also decent horse controls that don't make me want to gouge out my eyes trying to aim a bow.

And a better final boss fight with Alduin. Seriously, for the world eater, you're sure a pushover. Just wail on him for thirty seconds and he's dead. Exciting.

Why do vampires like Serana do not die when they are exposed to the sun?

Because she is wearing a hood :happy:

Nah, it is for the same reason you wouldn't die if you catch vamprism (or as a vampire lord), Sun doesn't kill vampires in this game but it weakens them.

Is there a mod that turns vampires into ashes when exposed to the sun?

I personally preferr the way they did it in Skyrim. It's closer to the way that vampires were in the 19th century

A decent Combat System would have been nice, instead of just clicking the mouse button until something falls over. But I guess you can only put so much code into this game. Also decent horse controls that don't make me want to gouge out my eyes trying to aim a bow.

And a better final boss fight with Alduin. Seriously, for the world eater, you're sure a pushover. Just wail on him for thirty seconds and he's dead. Exciting.

How so? Tell me that story. Vampires do not die in the sunlight?

How so? Tell me that story. Vampires do not die in the sunlight?

Yes, that's a relatively recent aspect attributed to vampires if you read works such as Dracula, Varney the Vampire, Carmilla, The Vampyr, and other works of Victorian and pre-Victorian eras You will find it nowhere in vampire fiction. It started in the 1922 film "Nosferatu" which postdates all of the works I listed so its actually not even one hundred years old as a notion.

2-4 player co-op would have been ideal. I think if they figured a way to group up with a small band of friends, it could have blown my mind. I know they're coming out with the MMO, but that's like judging Borderlands 1 or 2 against WoW in terms of play style and community.

Also, this game should have had more choice options during conversations or missions. Why is it you always have to kill the bandit leader? Why can't he try to strike you a deal? Lol. Or what if you don't want to kill the theif that your companion was after? Why not kill the Companion, and get a theif to take his place? I think little surprise options in the game would have really added to the world around the character. =\

Anyways I'm ranting.

(Just to add to the original idea, While I'm not shunning them for not putting co-op in the game, I feel it really would be a smart move for a later game, like TESVI.)

I disagree. Elder Scrolls has alwyas beenabout the individual ahciving grteatness rahter hten some collectie. It's why the hero sucedes where armies and raiding parties fail.

Better dialog options for the player, most the time its simply "yes" and not even a no. Your character is nothing, just something there for you to see and have no personality in the game itself other then what you imagine in your head.

Better personality, they did much better then Oblivion with voice actors but I could not even bring myself to care about most the people in the game at all.. Even less so then Oblivion, there was just no feeling or emotion I should care when someone I worked with or know is murdered or dies... Either by being sad and morning them, or being happy because I hated them.

Better interaction with NPC/Followers/Guild members.

A actual need system, I mean they put one in FNV I assumed it would be in Skyrim what with the cooking... and it supposed to be the better and more immersive RPG game.

I suppose coming from FO3/FNV I expected more from a TES game, but the fact that FO3/FNV are better immersive RPGs then Skyrim to me was rather shocking.

Plot Resolution in numerous questlines, as stated prior.

Let me free the Harbingers from Hircine's Hunting Grounds, let me destroy the Theive's Guild, and give me a decent reward for it too, unlike the Dark Brotherhood. Have the Harbinger, Arch Mage, Dragon of The North, Blade and numerous others "appointments" be more than ceremonial positions for completing a questline. Bring some actual power over your guilds into the picture. Allow Jarlship. Allow King/Queenship. Fight the Thalmor.

But more than anything else, don't leave me with the feeling that my character who I've played with for 3 hundred plus hours is going to wind up being nothing more than a whipped servant of a grotesque mass of tentacles who sounds more like his IQ is based on Skyrim's outdoor demperature than a Daedric Lord.

1. Lack of immersion. Skryim lacked the "detailed" touch of Morrowind and Oblivion. Think of the empty Thalmor embassy in Solitude: it was that kind of stuff that irked me while I played. We shouldn't have to have great mods like "whiterun outskirts market," that should have been realeased with the game in the first place. Had bethesda delayed the game's release by 6 months and spent that whole time just doodling and filling the worldspace in the CK the game would have been a much more polished product.

Remember the complexity of the castles in Oblivion, with their secret rooms and thief friendly robbing environments? Remember the small attention to detail in Morrowind in something like a guardhouse? Skyrim missed that in favor of releasing a more flashy but hollow product earlier.

Unique melee combat:

After playing chivalry: medieval warfare, you realize how much more original a 1st person melee combat system can be. LMB.....LMB....BLOCK....POWER ATTACK.... over and over again simply got old. How about some parry, stabbing, overhead and left vs right swings? Real differences between swords, maces, and daggers than just speed and reach? Skryim's combat was merely Oblivion's with an extra bit of polish. (in some ways, worse, why get rid of hit physics!)

Quests, storylines, and factions.

Dawnguard was probably the only decently paced and developed quest in the game.....and even it had some major flaws. (meaningless choices that lead to the same conclusion.) In Morrowind, one felt a desire to work for Morrowind's faction so as to break through the sense of being an "outlander." Working with the factions to try and make your place in the world.

Oblivion's quests were generally more interesting.

For the next elder scrolls, I'll take 5 decent Dawnguard quality storylines vs 15 mages guild ones.