Need help with a mesh and texture of a sword.

imfamousfoofy

Hi, i am trying to retex a sword I have but the issue i am having is that no matter what i do, the sword is always dark. I have no idea if the problem is with mesh or the textures. the sword just looks like if it was in a shadow the whole time. its incredibly annoying. can someone please help. In my opinion i think there is something wrong with the mesh but i can't be sure. whoever would be so kind to help me please respond and i'll send you the mesh and textures i am working on. I would attach them but they are a work in progress and i do not want to release them yet. thank you in advance.

Without more information, that's a hard one to track down. If the texture is properly assigned in nifskope, but is still black, try flipping the texture vertically and see if whatever program you used automatically set it in the wrong direction.

@senviro: you can see the texture but it is just really dark, like if a satin overlay is on it. I'll send you the mesh and textures if you want to take a look at them.

Also I have noticed something. In nifskope when textures are missing the model is pure white. But in this case the model is dark grey. That is so strange.

That sounds pretty weird, and I'm no expert. Check the BSLightningShaderPropery for any problems with the Emissive Color or the Glossiness color. Again, I'm no expert, but if that doesn't help I can try to take a look at it.

1 Right click on the mesh, select mesh in the drop menu, update tangent space

2 Return in that menu and select face normal

Edited by Derok