Fallout 3 little language bug

czosnek1

I instaled some mods for weapons and armor . i started the game at my save in craterside supply, wanted to go out to do some quest and then forgot to buy ammo and other stuff

what i saw , is the name of craterside supply change to spaccio di craterside or something, + game will crash if i try to load from save while i was in that building. it really pisses me of, is there any solution for it?

i have patch 1.7 and 3 dlcs (Broken steel, operation anchorage and the Pitt).

czosnek1 - Hello!

"what i saw , is the name of craterside supply change to spaccio di craterside or something"

It's something you see quite often, Fallout 3 place names changed to another language.

It's caused by one of your mods, it happens when a mod is made on a different language version of Fallout 3.

If you've got a mod making changes to Craterside, that's the likely suspect.

Unticking any suspect mods & checking in game to see if it's gone back to normal is a good way to identify the culprit.

It can be easily corrected with FO3Edit:

http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/637

Run FO3Edit, in the FormID at the top paste in Craterside Supply's ref id:

00003a2a

Press enter & you should be taken to Craterside Supply's details.

In the right hand window of FO3Edit you will see several columns, one for each mod you have changing Craterside Supply.

Fallout3.esm will obviously be there along with any other mods making changes, look for one that is changing the Full Name from "Craterside Supply".

Once you locate the mod, left click on Fallout3.esm's correct name, Craterside Supply & drag it into the incorrect language version's slot.

FO3Edit will warn you that you are making changes, click OK.

Now close FO3Edit, it will ask you to save your changes. Make sure that ONLY the mod you want edited is in the list shown, if there's anything else show untick it BEFORE you click OK.

All done!

Not sure why you're seeing crashing though it could be due to the changes being made in that area by the name changing mod, it's possible that changing the name back my fix that.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

• 4 years later...

Tried to use the edit thing but when using the ref id and searching for what is changing it nothing came up only the fallout3 thing showed up maybe I'm using this wrong or something I don't know but the things I do know or well from what I've seen is Regulator HQ changes to Cruz Estate and Moira in crater side supply changes the text which you choose to ask what she is selling to some Spanish language and what she says after changes nothing else changes from what I have seen.