Combining Mods: An ESP issue...

Klipperken

Hi all:

I have all files put together in a massive tree.

Tthen I went into Creation Kit.

I tried to combine all the ESM and ESP into one, big file, containing ALL ESP information (dead simple).
HOWEVER!!!
This file refuses to remove the "Parent files", which makes combining quite a bit illogical.

If I cannot delete the so called Parental ESM or ESP, despite all data is in the new, main ESP.

It is cleaned MANUALLY to make sure there were no conflicts, and an automated check confirmed this.
Then i toggled the Parental Files of... and the whole thing simply crashed.

Tried again, this time trying to create Mod Specific files:
Body stuff in a Body.ESP, Housing in a House.ESP, you get me.
Began with Body, as this is in itself the smallest one, seen that it is hugely build upon Tex and Mesh files.
There's not too much data in there.

Easy, right?
Put all graphical files, Skeleton files and such in the correct Tree.

Put all the ESP's in the "root", creaste new ESP, put all the data of the ESP files in there...
Manually clean it out, perfect...
Untoggle the "Pare..." *crash*

I TOTALLY fail to get, why I fail to actually combine all ESP's into a single ESP.
In THEORY, it is oh SO simple...
In reality then, no matter WHAT I try, the sodding ESP refuses to let go of said "Parental Files".

After like 30 tries, I gave up....

Can someone please explain me, why CK refuses to let me untoggle these dependencies?

Anyone an idea as to how to solve this?

If you have ideas or pointers... I would be SO very happy...

Thank you very much.

Klip.

Edited by Klipperken

I'm pretty sure doing it with the CK will always make the original plugins a dependency. I could be wrong though.

That's pretty darn annoying... and useless...

The point of merging is to unite them into one and get rid of old ones, no? :S

TesVEdit will only merge plugins (esp/esm) that don't involve master relationships, it will not merge an esp into that esp's master esm.

The only way of merging an esp into its master esm (that I know of) is to use the CK Version control.