Cannot reach metadata server

daryl921

OMG its not just me! I can connect to every other Nexus site - Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, etc. and all foums links, but all of a sudden as of like an hour ago today I can no longer reach newvegas.nexusmods.com - I cannot load the Fallout New Vegas version of Nexus Mod Manager (I get this error: "Cannot reach the Nexus metadata server." when it asks me to log in), and when I try to launch Fallout Mod Manager's Package manager feature to install FOMOD files, it asks me to log in, then crashes regardless of weather or not I put in the right password. I tried logging in and out of the Nexus site, reconnecting to my WiFi, restarting my computer, restarting my router, etc. The only thing that has worked for me is using a proxy to access the site. I can successfully use TorBrowser to connect to the site, but that doesn't help my FOMOD issue, so its a mute point: I can't properly install the mods even if I can download them. I seriously hope someone finds a decent solution to this SOON!

EDIT: I forgot to say that when I try to connect, I get a "cant find" message from my internet service provider (I have Cox).

Edited by UlithiumDragon

Had this issue as well. Been having issues with New Vegas Nexus all day so I tried to log into NMM through a different game mode (ie fallout3 skyrim etc) other than New Vegas and I can login through all of my installed games except New Vegas. Not sure why whoever thought it was a good idea to make you login for each game mode and have to relogin upon changing game modes but I'm fairly certain its an issue with New Vegas specifically.

Edit: The irony is it knows the difference between good and bad passwords (if I put in the wrong password it tells me its incorrect) and only gives me the metaserver issue with correct login info. So its mostly likely something on the New Vegas Nexus end and not ours or something inbetween.

Edited by Nightehawk

Had this issue as well. Can get onto every single other Nexus site except the New Vegas one. Basically google just says that the page doesnt exist...also NMM gives the error some of you other guys have been receiving. Any word from Moderators on the Nexus??? Can I also suggest some sort of system (perhaps on the main nexus page) that lets people know if 1 of the nexus sites is down, or if its running at reduced server capacity....would save endless repeats of similar threads etc.