Vsync caps at my fps at 30 instead of 60

Hasmith99

Please read the "Screen tearing" article section on "verticle synchronization", and the "Issue - Vsync aka V-Sync ON or OFF" entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article. On a 60 Hz monitor, you are limited to 60 FPS before tearing starts.

Manage your FPS setting in only one location (e.g. NVSR or the INI file, but not both). If you do have to manage it in more than one location, then ensure you have the same cap in all setting locations. (There are suggestions about this in the "Causes" under the Issue - Game in slow motion entry.)

Note there may be different settings for "maximum" and "minimum" FPS. Setting a "minimum" below 30 causes the render engine into a "slow display mode".

-Dubious-

The only fps limiter I have is ENB

If I turn off vsync and limit my fps, I still get screen tearing. However if it's on I can only get 30fps

There are the settings in Fallout.ini "iFPSClamp=0", "iBackgroundLoadExtraMaxFPS=20", and "iBackgroundLoadExtraMinFPS=10". Could changing these help?

Please read the "Screen tearing" article section on "verticle synchronization", and the "Issue - Vsync aka V-Sync ON or OFF" entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" article. On a 60 Hz monitor, you are limited to 60 FPS before tearing starts.

Manage your FPS setting in only one location (e.g. NVSR or the INI file, but not both). If you do have to manage it in more than one location, then ensure you have the same cap in all setting locations. (There are suggestions about this in the "Causes" under the Issue - Game in slow motion entry.)

Note there may be different settings for "maximum" and "minimum" FPS. Setting a "minimum" below 30 causes the render engine into a "slow display mode".

-Dubious-