Specific Letter Doesnt Work in Console

Larshadowalker

The only thing I can think of off hand is that possibly you have two conflicting hotkey assignments for the letter. Perhaps a mod you just installed that assigns it by default, or you accidentally did so in some MCM. I remember temporarily fouling up my function keys (f1, f2, etc) early on when I was new to the game.

Beyond that I don't have a clue.

The only thing I can think of off hand is that possibly you have two conflicting hotkey assignments for the letter. Perhaps a mod you just installed that assigns it by default, or you accidentally did so in some MCM. I remember temporarily fouling up my function keys (f1, f2, etc) early on when I was new to the game.

Beyond that I don't have a clue.

Could it be about drivers ? I updated all my drivers by a program but normally my keyboard works well just skyrim se is weird about that.

Clearly you're able to use the "i" key, as you're using it in your posts. (7 times in just this last reply) so *personally speaking, I doubt it's a drive issue.

Check game settings (in game: system > controls). maybe you somehow bumped the inventory key from it's normal assignment. Might also check various ini files, but not sure which you'd check. There is one mod (which I can't remember the name of - a menu enhancer) that fiddles with hot key assignments.

If that doesn't produce positive results, I'd suggest dropping your mod list (not load list) into a spoiler tag (see the BBcode dropdown menu just left of the "font" selector in the text editor), and maybe someone will recognize a mod that might be associated with the issue.

I must give a detail. In my native language the key "I" and the key "i" are different keys but game was fine and has recognized it. Now I dont why but game thinks like I have an eng keyboard so the key "i" doesnt work. I play skyrim for 6 years and never happened before. In addition to that, I have few mods (for now) and none is actually about menus-keys or etc.

When I checked controls section, "I" is settlet to quick inventory and works fine but I cant write "i" in console ( and it is very important for console, you realize when you needed it). I write "I" (capital) instead of "i" everytime I need. As I mentioned before in my lang and my keyboard "I" and "i" are different keys. I am actually able to write "ı" that is not capital.

Explaining this situation is funny I think :laugh: :laugh:

Ah... I must admit, I wasn't aware that any keyboard separated uppercase "i" from lowercase "i" into two different keys. Weird for me, but obviously I don't live in your country.

in any case (no pun intended), I've never had to use any uppercase keyboard character for control of Skyrim.

Perhaps you downloaded an "English" mod that expects the behavior if of an English keyboard, and it's interfering with your normal use? I do know that many mods come in different language flavors, for instance, I see Russian, Turkiish, French, Polish, and Chinese versions of mods posted all the time (I may have missed some others, not sure).

Maybe one of those is your native language? And if so, perhaps you have to use only those mods, due not only to direct language differences (dialog, etc), but also with respect to keyboard type and keycode mapping. I really don't know, this one's a bit beyond my understanding.

best wishes. I hope someone with more knowledge about international keyboard can help you. Which language do you use? It might help someone who's more familiar with such issues.