Vampire Lords revert form makes me human..

Bondagefreak

Hey guys, I'm attempting to avoid having to do a clean install here. I'm hoping someone has a fix for the issue of vampires revert form making you a human. let me explain it a little

So, I just bothered getting all the skyrim DLC's, dawnguard, hearth fire and dragonborn. Loving the new game play but i have a little issue. Using vampire lord form works fine i can play the game as normal and i can revert back as normal too. Issue is that revert form makes me a human, i gets rid of any vampirism appearances. But i can still use all the skills, Im sometimes recognized as a vampire by town NPC's. But all the Vampires in lord harkons castle tell me that I've "lost the gift" and need to get it back. Yet the lord himself still see's me as a vampire..

I'm playing as an Imperial female, I'm not running any race mods. Although i am using CBBE, With its updates and dawnguard addons. tried deleting CBBE didn't change anything..

Disabling all mods doesn't fix anything, and im just now trying the all unofficial patches. with no luck.

So here is to hoping someone has seen this before and has a cure.

Ahh and i would just use console every time i get Humanifed. Issue is sometimes some of my Skill points get reset.

Anyway Thank you for reading.

-Freak

ok, I fixed it. My English is not good but I will try to tell you how to fix it:

1. Disable Dawnguard DLC and all Dawnguard Related mod

2. Load a save file before you meet the Dawnguard recruiter in town then make a new save file or you better start a new character

3. enable dawnguard DLC, load the new save file

4. Meet the Dawnguard recruiter and go to Fort Dawnguard ASAP and do the main quest line

5. After Harkon turn you a vampire lord, if you still dont have glowing eyes, dont worry, use console command to set you a vampire (example : player.setrace woodelfracevampire) and continue the tutorial

This should fix it. some how almost every character start game after dawnguard dlc is installed encountered this problem

ps: after the vampire lord tutorial, remember to save. If everyone in vampire castle attacks you on sight, load the save and use console command to travel to somewhere. Then fast travel back, they wont attack you anymore

Edited by SilverWolfMNG

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hi

i have created two cures

the first one you just have to copy some files in you skyrim folder (not data folder) but you can't be a vampire lord for more than 2 mins

the second one is a .txt file that you have to copy to skyrim folder (again not data) and after you revert to heuman form type "bat 1"

in console

if you want i can upload them

btw you don't need a clean save for them to work

Edited by khashiTK

Hi there. I'm so glad to see this thread isn't that old so it's not dead I hope and I would really appreciate if you could upload or send this files because I don't want to loose my progress because of this bug too...

it's really maddening.

I actually have my own solution but it's an annoying one, still: open the console after EVERY vampire lord reversion and type in "player.setrace *yourracename*racevampire", for example "player.setrace imperialracevampire"

this will return you to the state you were before and it's the normal solution to every "can't feed as a vampire" bug. I'd appreceate another one though.

I guess this might be how your bat works but I'm curious about your other way.