Temporarily invisible clutter

thefourwings

I made a custom texture for a unique teddybear that for god-know-what-reason is invisible until I actually INTERACT with the object. In the GECK is shows up just fine, and if I use the texture as a replacer for all teddybears then there's no problem either, but on my custom bear placed in world, he's invisible until you either use 'z' to grab him or else pick him up and then drop him. Anyone run into an issue like this before...? I've made unique world objects before with custom textures and had no problems, so I'm really struggling for a reason why this one is behaving differently... :(

thefourwings - Hello!

Is the mesh you are using the exact same one as vanilla?

Have you placed the bear in a room near a Room Marker & Portal?

Havok objects that are set in GECK in a room with a Room Marker will disappear if moved into another area outside of the original Room Marker.

They will only show up if moved about (when the Havok engine takes control of them) & will disappear again when they come to a rest.

It's the major drawback of Room Markers.

This can seem strange as you may not be aware of the glitch & Room Marker are set to not show as Default in GECK.

You can see Room Markers in GECK by going to the View tab at the top & selecting Show/Hide Window & ticking their box.

Hope this helps!

Prensa

Hi Prensa, thanks for the response. The room marker seems to be the issue - the bear is on a shelf in the game's starting area when the player is still a baby. Any idea what I can do about this? I don't need the player to be able to interact with the bear at this point just have it be part of the scene, so is there an easy way I can turn it into a static/non-havoc object in it's current placed position and would that resolve the issue? Thanks,

thefourwings