Cyber punk conversion

moonlightwolf

hi just had this idea but it's way to big for one person so just posting to see if anyone else is interested. basically I was thinking of a total conversion mod not set in the fallout universe but instead set in a futuristic dystopian universe. the idea would be to have two major world spaces, a futuristic cityscape broken up into various sections just like the DC ruins and a cyberspace world accessible by virtual reality pods or terminals. The player would have two inventories one for cyberspace and one for the real world with different equipment and weapons available in each. the purpose of entering cyberspace would be to affect the real world as you could unlock new areas, cause military weapons to be sent to different areas by military computers, maybe even take control of security systems.

my idea involved three factions basically representing good, evil and neutral paths: a rebel faction who are attempting to overthrow the oppressive government, the government faction that is attempting to crush the rebels and bring order to the city, and a criminal faction which is simply trying to get the most money it can out of the situation. I'd also like to see the city itself as a living entity, with simple citizens going about their everyday business or fleeing street gangs and shoot outs between rebels and police.

This would require a lot of work I'm thinking new models, textures, weapons, armours. I cant model or texture and at the moment I only have a laptop to work with which crashes any time I try to edit an exterior navmesh so I couldn't be much use on the modding side of things. I am a writer though so I can contribute with ideas, quests and write some dialogue when needed. So anyone interested.

Archived