Game not Loading Save

Redbeard007

After 45 hours of play I have an autosave and 1 named save game but when I attempt to load either of them the game does not load at all. I have tried to manually "load" them and still the game will not load either save. What causes this and how can I fix the save(s) so they will load and play?

They've been corrupted by the sound of things. Or possibly missing a master file that is really needed in that save, if you removed any mods.

If it is corruption, than it's terminal i'm afraid. You can prevent such problems by using CASM, the save manager: http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/36730

Use it's hotkey for quicksaving instead of the normal F5 quicksave. By default CASM's quicksave key is F4, and if you hold it down it's menu will appear.

I know this is probably not the news you wanted to hear, but I hope this advice helps you in future, which it should :)

Thanks, I just downloaded the file and will install it soon.

What bothers me the most is the fact that in the two saves mentioned in the post I had just done a manual save just inside the Freetech building and when I opened the door to exit the game showed "not responding" when I used the task manager to close the program. The same message appeared when I tried to load either of the saves after that. I did not uninstall or install any mods within the previous 10 hours of playing. I knew that this would probably be the a major problem so I started a new game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, sorry for bad language

I do not rely on autosave and disabled it, I do save throuh the save menu.

Nevertheless I lost some quests and gameplay because the last save wont load, the wheel stops and after that game becomes nonresponding.
ctrl+alt+del is the solution here only.

Are there a savegame editor? may i could fix buggy entires.

@Zyaba: there is no save editor for NV sorry.

Lot's of things can cause the game to either corrupt saves or appear to CTD upon load. Incorrect overclock settings will do this, especially if the CPU needs more power. If you are running stock don't worry about this, but if your PC is older and playing up it could be the case. Other things include a cell that is in need of patching because too many mods are touching it and haven't been fixed up (even one NPC in a cell that is incorrectly patched will bring on a CTD depending on what needs fixing), other things like orphaned records that weren't detrimental at load up ( so not causing the no menu bug) but cause a CTD when needed/loaded in game.

Truly never ending when it comes to what whacky problems you'll have if you miss some of the slightest things, and even if something you think isn't related or never even thought of at all gets left unchecked, boom it all comes down :(.

I advise both of you to learn a bit about FNVedit and check your games for conflicts, and make merged patches if ypou haven't already. CASM will look after your saves, but you need to look after your load orders :).

@SMB92: thanks for the reply

Is my Cor2Duos8500 CPU a good one? it had its all settions are set to default valuaes.

And the game, of сourse, has been patched.

Have a look please

NVSE Version: 0.2.0.12
pn_nvse.dll
These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

FalloutNV.esm Active
DeadMoney.esm Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Deflst}}
Contains dirty edits: 403 ITM, 51 UDR. Needs FNVEdit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

HonestHearts.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 121 ITM, 10 UDR. Needs FNVEdit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

OldWorldBlues.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 124 ITM, 0 UDR. Needs FNVEdit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

LonesomeRoad.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 240 ITM, 6 UDR. Needs FNVEdit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

GunRunnersArsenal.esm Active
Contains dirty edits: 97 ITM, 0 UDR. Needs FNVEdit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

ClassicPack.esm Active

MercenaryPack.esm Active

TribalPack.esm Active

CaravanPack.esm Active

Project Nevada - Core.esm Active

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Invent}}
Requires: New Vegas Script Extender and Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp Active

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp Active

Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp Active
Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Actors.AIPackages, NoMerge, Sound, Stats, Scripts}}
Incompatible with: Compiled Patch.esp, Compiled Patch All_DLCs.esp, Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp
Requires: DeadMoney.esm, HonestHearts.esm, OldWorldBlues.esm, LonesomeRoad.esm, GunRunnersArsenal.esm

MMUE POP.esp Active
Requires: Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp

Project Nevada - Dead Money (Rebalance).esp Active
Requires: DeadMoney.esm Project Nevada - Core.esm, Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp Active
Incompatible with: Project Nevada - Dead Money + Honest Heart Patch.esp and Project Nevada - Dead Money SF + Honest Hearts Patch.esp

Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp Active
Note: Choose only one of Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp and Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp, not both

Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp Active
Requires: LonesomeRoad.esm and Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal (Rebalance).esp Active
Requires: GunRunnersArsenal.esm Project Nevada - Core.esm

MMUE-CP-PNCore.esp Active
Requires: DeadMoney.esm, HonestHearts.esm, OldWorldBlues.esm, LonesomeRoad.esm, Project Nevada - Core.esm

MMUE-CP-PNRebalance.esp Active
Requires: DeadMoney.esm OldWorldBlues.esm, Project Nevada - Core.esm, Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp, Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp

MMUE-CP-PNEquipment.esp Active
Requires: DeadMoney.esm, HonestHearts.esm, OldWorldBlues.esm, LonesomeRoad.esm, GunRunnersArsenal.esm, Project Nevada -
Equipment.esp, Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp

MMUE-CP-PNOWB.esp Active
Requires: OldWorldBlues.esm Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp, Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp

The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.

RIFE.esp Active
X-1_Tales_of_Wonder!.esp Active

Game wont work at all when i did "NVEdit cleaning" mentioned above, so i live these files as is.

Should i do other patches?