So Oblivion was not so bad afterall

MasterAub

In spite of it all, I still think Oblivion may be my favorite TES.

1)Atmosphere

2)That feeling of peace I get when playing it.... The game seems so... Elysian.

That's certainly part of the recipe, and one that you get to appreciate once you find your rhythm. I surprised myself running around no more. Either I walk the roads, or I take the horse for a relaxing excursion. Lately The Orange Road is among my favourite tours (gazing at the scenery, listening to the music and my footsteps - or my horse's. That's a pill of relax :happy:).

An aspect of the game that struck me particularly is that I can cover great distances without finding a hostile, yet when I want a fight I know exactly where to go. I'm also making little use of Fast Travel, and not because I made some rule for myself about it, but because I'm just not thinking of using it.

A couple months ago my character was level 33. Yesterday night it turned 35. This to say that I'm not rushing in anything. I just explore, pass time wandering, fight the occasional bad guy, collect flowers... and when I want a change in routine I resume a quest.

I still have to visit every town, plenty of uncharted locations are hidden in the large unxeplored sections of my world map, the main quest is far from finished (Martin just recently reached Cloud Ruler Temple), and I have mastered only 7 skills so far (2 of which Major). You know? I could go on like this without feeling the urge to improve anything.

My savegame number reached 1001 just yesterday (not counting the thousands of Quicksaves) and I logged 376 hours 9 minutes 58 seconds of play (with the A-bomb rearing its ugly head again - but this time I'm ready).

Never _ever_ before a game managed to keep my interest this high for sooo long -- I'm still into it as I did the first day.

Edited by Foina

AAHHH Oblivion with almost 80 mods and slow skill levelling.

420 hours of gameplay and not even 20% discovered, Only cleared the main quest,kvatch rebuild,half of the fighters guild quests and about 20 mini quests.

Probably still playing this in 2015 thanks to all modders for destroying my social life :biggrin:

There are many things in Oblivion that I love and wish Skyrim had.

1. Mages and Fighters Guilds and quests lines.
  2. All the side quests were individually created.
  3. Spellcrafting
  4. One large city to trade my crap.
  5. Better writing.
  6. More colorful environment, even though it is cartoony compared to Skyrim.
  7. Being able to play as Tony the Tiger.