ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

BoS Uniform Tweaks/Overhaul- Charisma Hood Specifically

ADHDoug

I have a few ideas, but all I've ever personally "needed" is a charisma buff on the hood. For the sake of simplicity, other ideas for a potential overhaul mod are listed in below order of both personal priority and presumed complexity, along with logic. As stated, anything past the charisma hood would just be a heavily appreciated bonus, but I'm sure as a pack it would be widely popular with BoS RPers in general.

• Charisma buff on BoS hood, 2-3 points. Lore-wise the hood, along with the uniform, is intended to be worn when piloting power armor. Allows one to simply remove (hotswap) their power armor helmet to converse, intended as more lore-friendly alternative/replacement to stacking hat and glasses or hopping out of power armor entirely with a charisma outfit.
  • Spare copies of the otherwise unique hood, black uniform, and Maxson's coat placed in an appropriate space, such as the Cambridge police station, Brandis' hideout, and/or the Prydwen personal quarters, so as one need not steal Danse' hood (not as important) or murder Brandis and Maxson for their uniforms. Probably also add the bomber jacket and accompanying flight helmet since I don't remember ever having found those, maybe I just never found a pilot to loot. Maybe the olive uniform for good measure, so you don't have to worry about scooping one off a dead BoS. Orange for completion, but those are common and can literally just be bought.
    (Have seen cut content uniforms on the wiki as well, but those are probably more complex to restore.)
  • Allow uniforms, hood, and marine wetsuit (there's a mod that gives BoS marine armor, which I consider appropriate) to be upgraded with ballistic weave and vault jumpsuit linings. Intended to allow thematic BoS armor loadouts to remain competitive with, and hopefully superior to, vanilla cobbled-together garbage options that would otherwise outclass them by dint of upgradeable underarmor.
    (I have found mods that, together, do "most" of this, but haven't seen ballistic hood)