Advanced Scripter Help Needed For Project SOR (WIP)

Nick2kman

Hello im in need of a Advanced Scripers Help for my teams WIP Sovereign Of Rites AKA SOR.

I made this topic cause i know how to script but im not a Advanced scripter yet.

Anyway the Scripting is left mostly to me and i can only do so much so if you can help me Thank you.

http://www.geocities.com/lord_nick_2006/Pr...ignOfRites.html

looking for some info i looked in wiki but cant find any help

what im looking for a way to add scn Sript, to my Generic character.

Exaple:

you meat a wastlander out in the wastes

A dial pops up saying do you whant to join my country of course this at gun point for now.

Shure why not.

then what i do is add to the Results Begining or end a command or something what would start a New Script for that NPC.

say this script

scn SRCivJoinScript

;Follower Variable

short Hired

short IsFollowingDefault

short Waiting

short LiveHere

short Taxs

short Food

short DoOnce

BEGIN GameMode

;Starts the Faction.

if ( DoOnce == 1 )

RemoveFromAllFactions

AddToFaction SRFaction 0

AddScriptPackage SRCivFollowPlayerDEFAULT

endif

endif

END

whats the Best way to do this?

so far im thinking of adding a food that has a script effect and last for 999999 days the is given to the NPC to be Eaten but i havent found the right way for the NPC to get and eat it in DIAL.

Thanks lol i was thinking i mite be able to do that then i read your reply.

any Way i think i got that part working now what im trieing to do is to get the Dial to say to the Effect script change Waiting to 1, or IsFollowing to 1

i was going to use the food idea but id have to add Pack refs every were, what im doing is you basicly make any NPC run a Script that i want.

is an EffectScript that i made into a base then to a Ability and added to a Ref NPC no i dont want to use the NPCref to call the waiting variable in the script cause im trieing to make it so i can Recruit almost any NPC.

Example:

scn SRSoldierScript

;follower variable

short waiting

short isFollowing

begin GameMode

;set up AI to do serten things

if ( Waiting == 1)

AddScriptPackage isWaiting

if ( IsFollowing == 1 )

AddScriptPackage IsFollowing01

endif

end

any way i keep saying In Dialogue Topics Results begining or end set SRSoldier.Waiting to 1 or some thing like that and it keeps giveing me Errors so i thought i mite use the begin scripteffectstart, Activate, but im not to familar with that yet

What am i doing wrong and what can i do to fix it.

alright now that i think ive goten over the Recruiting Problem useing a Flag System to my Scripts i can Now start Testing it, till i can Release Version 0.092, once that works you should have 3 more followers added to the roster. after thats released ill start working on the Build Buildings Scripts after that and a few Tweaks i should have the Demo done. Man i wish i could of used some other scripting code but i couldnt find any thing else that mite work. I hope this works Right!

Couldn't you have used a hidden quest? You make a quest, make it use that script. Then you make the dialog start the quest. Once a script is tied to a quest you can change variables in the script with other scripts. ( set quest.variable to # )

Archived