Gun Sights

MajorExplosion

Perhaps my searches have been weak but I have yet to find a mod that gives the Hunting Rifle iron sights, only scopes. While I have found mods that remove the scope from the .44 Magnum, they didn't have plans to add a scope back, if desired, while I did find a mod that does add plans for combining a sniper rifle with a hunting rifle, for a scoped hunting rifle.

None of those are sufficient. From an aesthetic point of view, and from one of realism, a gun without sights doesn't make sense. From the same points of view, scrapping a generally superior weapon to improve a lesser one doesn't make sense either. Here's my mod proposal.

- Add iron sights to any weapon that doesn't have them, starting with the Hunting Rifle. Laser pistol should make sense with a laser sight effect coming out the weapon aperture. The rifle should have iron sights, though, since laser sights are really for short to medium range. Then again, maybe it should start with a laser sight and iron sights, it's not a bad combo, with a purchasable plan for a scope.

- Add plans for appropriate Small Gun and Energy Weapon, that adds a scope, or sighting device, to each weapon. These custom weapon plans should be purchasable from anyone who would reasonably sell such an item, and be relatively cheap.

- Add a misc. Scope item, so better weapons don't have to be scrapped in order to add a scope. It should be a somewhat expensive item, maybe 200 caps.

- The 10mm pistol plan should give the weapon a working laser sight (that little cylinder under the front of the weapon) and improved accuracy as a related bonus. The plan itself should be expensive.

- The only parts should be a 10mm pistol and a Energy Cell.

- There should be two 10mm SMG plans. The first adds a laser sight, the latter adds a reflex sight and suppressor.

- The former plan is expensive, while the latter is cheap.

- The former uses a 10mm SMG, a 10mm pistol, and Energy Cell. The latter uses a 10mm SMG, a Silenced 10mm pistol, a misc. Reflex Sight part.

- The Reflex Site would be good for the carbines, too.

- Two alien weapons wouldn't be upgradable but should have a scope's zoom effect, with no physical scope. Here's a little fluff, it has no sights at all, which is no good, so let's assume it imparts some sort of super advanced 'natural shot' ability to whomever wields it, just in order to explain how it can be fired at any reasonable distance. When you concentrate on the distance for a long shot, a holographic image of what the weapon's optics see gets projected into your eye.

Comments and criticism are certainly welcome.

Archived