ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

TrapDweThresher.WaitForAnimationEvent error

TheOscillat0r

So I noticed my game started to crash every 30 or so minutes and I took a look at my Papyrus logs. Wow, 51MBs. 29 MB. 15MB. It's the same error over and over.

[ (00078307)].TrapDweThresher.WaitForAnimationEvent() - "<native>" Line ?
[ (00078307)].TrapDweThresher.fireTrap() - "TrapDweThresher.psc" Line 71
[ (00078307)].TrapDweThresher.OnActivate() - "TrapBase.psc" Line 87
[04/28/2013 - 01:34:27PM] warning: (00078307): currently does not have 3d and cannot register for animation callbacks. Returni.
stack:
I know it's from a trap in that stupid Raldbthar Deep Market, but I don't know how to make it stop. Any thoughts? My save before that part is about 4 hours back, so I could figure out how to avoid the error if I have to.
Edited by TheOscillat0r

Install the Unofficial Skyrim Patch
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19/

See version log from patch
http://www.iguanadons.net/Unofficial%20Skyrim%20Patch%20Version%20History.html

Line:
Script Fixes

• TrapDweThresher.psc had a potential for creating an infinite loop due to the script not checking properly for the object's 3D being loaded. (Bug #12098)

Edit: You will probably have to go back to the older save game, before the script was executed... skyrim has the nasty habit of keeping executed scripts in your save games.

Edited by prod80

• 1 month later...

I've got the unofficial patch, but I'm still getting this issue. I'm assuming that some mod is interfering with the USKP fix, but I'm not sure how to find out which one. Any ideas?

Not sure, the USKP comes with archives, most mods with script changes don't... so they would simply win any conflict. I think installing the CK also adds the script "TrapDweThresher.psc" into the script folder.

• 4 months later...

I got the same problem yesterday when I was in Mzulft ruin(most probably), a fan like trap got triggered and after that my game got CTD in like two minutes, of course papyrus0 log showed the same warning message as OP like a trillion times. And as everyone here I already have USKP. So after some frastrating attempt to go forward with the game and with no luck to find any solution online, I did something creazy and fortunately it fixes the issue! This is what I did:

1.I open up the TrapDweThresher.psc file

2. comment out this line:

PlayAnimation("TriggerUpLoop")

3. Add this line in same positon:

PlayAnimation("LoopLong")

4. compile the source (go to creation kit page to learn how to compile psc files)

5. run the game with a save file just before triggering that trap, go forward and trigger the trap, minimize the game and look at the log file.

Lo and behold, not a single sign of that warning message :D

And in the game of course no problem happen with the trap or it's ability to cause great injury!

So I guess this issue is happening because TriggerUpLoop might not be an implemenation of EndLoop type which is expected by waitForAnimationEvent method!

Anyways, good luck to anyone who will stumble upon this issue in future, btw just another note, if your save file is already infected by this bug then the above steps will not fix your issue!

Edited by GreatG0d