morrowind nexus freezes upon clicking links?

ok so i see a mod i want to install...there are no older mods with NMM support yet so i'm forced to download manually yet when i click on any download links the page im on freezes. it doesn't let me click on anything else at all. when i reload the page the links become clickable again but it continues to happen no matter which mod im downloading. i thought it might have been the SIZE of the mod i was trying to download as i was downloading an overhaul but when i tried to download better bodies which is like 5k kb? it still froze! i can't download any mods manually! any clue on what to do? i tried using multiple browsers to see if it changes the situation but nothing has changed.

• 1 month later...

Do you have some kind of pop up blocker installed? And can you see the box that pops up showing the different servers you can download from?

Also this is a message that pops up in case ya didnt see it:

Downloading file

Your file is being prepared for download ...

If you do not receive an error, and the page continues to load, please be patient. Your file is being transferred to this server for downloading.

Download not starting? Please enable javascript and HTTP redirects in your browser and insure you aren't running any plugins that might stop these from loading (Adblockers, NoScript, etc.).

Don't know what to do with ZIP, RAR or 7z files after you've downloaded them? Check out our article on file compression basics and what programs to use.