Conditions

Dovahkruziik

Hi I am working on perks, and am trying to figure out how to make a certain condition work. I want to add a bleeding damage bonus to beast races due to their claws, and have everything figured out except for the condition that I want this to only work if the player is NOT wearing gauntlets. Where I am at right now is using the WornHasKeyword Function with the keyword ArmorGauntlets, and I am assuming that a certain comparison like >= or something will set it so that the perk only takes effect when the hands are unarmored, but I am not sure exactly how the comparisons work. Can the comparison be used to do that? or am I missing a Function or a Keyword?

It seems like all the functions are for seeing if a variable is true, and there arent any for seeing if a variable is false. It would be easy to say if WornHasKeyword Armor Gauntlets, then the Perk will NOT take effect. I guess that is what I am hoping the comparisons can do.

Any thoughts?

That and several other perks did not work at all, though i did get one working that increases hand to hand non power attack only speed by 2x. But for the bleeding perk, i have the conditions set up like this:

Conditions - HasPerk Armsman00 == 1 AND

GetIsRace ArgonianRace == 1 OR

GetIsRace KhajiitRace == 1 AND

WornHasKeyword ArmorGauntets == 0

Perk Entries - Ability, custom bleeding spell and effect.

This effect is a Detrimental Health Value Modifier with target conditions: Has Keyword(s) ActorTypeGhost AND Udead AND Dragon AND Dwarven AND ArmorHeavy OR ArmorLight. All conditions are set to == 0

So theoretically, it causes extra bleeding damage to a living non dragon opponent if they are not wearing any armor and I am not wearing any gauntlets. It just doesn't work, and I can't figure out why.

Edited by Dovahkruziik

That and several other perks did not work at all, though i did get one working that increases hand to hand non power attack only speed by 2x. But for the bleeding perk, i have the conditions set up like this:

Conditions - HasPerk Armsman00 == 1 AND

GetIsRace KhajiitRace == 1 AND

WornHasKeyword ArmorGauntets == 0

Perk Entries - Ability, custom bleeding spell and effect.

This effect is a Detrimental Health Value Modifier with target conditions: Has Keyword(s) ActorTypeGhost AND Udead AND Dragon AND Dwarven AND ArmorHeavy OR ArmorLight. All conditions are set to == 0

So theoretically, it causes extra bleeding damage to a living non dragon opponent if they are not wearing any armor and I am not wearing any gauntlets. It just doesn't work, and I can't figure out why.

So your using the ability Perk entry and not a Perk Entry point? Edited by BotOwned

I'm not sure about the perk stuff, but your conditions will work better like this:

HasPerk Armsman00 == 1 AND

WornHasKeyword ArmorGauntets == 0 AND

GetIsRace KhajiitRace == 1 OR

Putting the ORs at the end is generally the best practice--less ambiguity for the game engine.

ah, i did not know how particular the conditions were. so if i had the getisrace argonian above the khajiit, and khajiit was the last condition, would it matter if it was an AND or an OR?

So I tested, on a new game even, and it still doesn't work. I changed the Perk Entry ability (because what was I thinking!?) to Entry Point, add combat spell, select spell [bleedingSpell]

Then I moved the WornHasKeyword from the Perk Conditions list to the Perk Entry Perk Owner list because I want to be able to buy the perk even if i am wearing gauntlets... and the weapon conditions is the unarmed weapon from SkyRe (I'm trying to expand the unarmed perks a bit for fun). From what I can tell, everything in the Perk dialogues is correct now. Maybe the problem is with the spell/effect itself?

In the effect I used a bleeding effect (set up just like the vanilla bleeding effect) and added the conditions I listed above. I changed the ORs in the ArmorHeavy and ArmorLight to ANDs because I didn't think there was a reason to use OR there. The only thing i can think of is moving the armor conditions from the spell effects (therefore changing the bleed effect to exactly what it is in vanilla plus adding the dragon actor type) and moving them to the perk entry conditions under target. Would that make a difference? theoretically it shouldn't change a thing, but these things can be very particular.

Other than that I am at a total loss for what else to try.

Dovahkruziik, on 04 May 2013 - 10:04, said:

ah, i did not know how particular the conditions were. so if i had the getisrace argonian above the khajiit, and khajiit was the last condition, would it matter if it was an AND or an OR?

So I tested, on a new game even, and it still doesn't work. I changed the Perk Entry ability (because what was I thinking!?) to Entry Point, add combat spell, select spell [bleedingSpell]

Then I moved the WornHasKeyword from the Perk Conditions list to the Perk Entry Perk Owner list because I want to be able to buy the perk even if i am wearing gauntlets... and the weapon conditions is the unarmed weapon from SkyRe (I'm trying to expand the unarmed perks a bit for fun). From what I can tell, everything in the Perk dialogues is correct now. Maybe the problem is with the spell/effect itself?

In the effect I used a bleeding effect (set up just like the vanilla bleeding effect) and added the conditions I listed above. I changed the ORs in the ArmorHeavy and ArmorLight to ANDs because I didn't think there was a reason to use OR there. The only thing i can think of is moving the armor conditions from the spell effects (therefore changing the bleed effect to exactly what it is in vanilla plus adding the dragon actor type) and moving them to the perk entry conditions under target. Would that make a difference? theoretically it shouldn't change a thing, but these things can be very particular.

Other than that I am at a total loss for what else to try.

There's not really any need to use conditions on the spell, since you can instead use the perk entry target condition list all you're doing there is confusing your self and making more work by having to swap between the two. Try to keep all your conditions on the same form where possible will save you headaches in the future (Course it's not always best to have all the conditions on the same form where possible but generally it is.)

Also I would personally use a Casting Type of Fire and Forget with Delivery of Contact instead of Concentration and Aimed I just find it works better for Apply Combat spells.

EDIT: Btw BleedingSpell is actually for the player werewolf quest so it's actually for an FX not an actual combat spell look at perks spells like "PerkBleedingSwordIron25" or "PerkBleedingSwordGlass25" those are the ones that do what your looking for.

EDIT2: One more thing before I forget vanilla hand to hand (No weapon item) will not cause apply combat spell to proc. Should be fine with the SkyRE pretend fists though.

Edited by BotOwned