More Medical Skills.

Alceister

So basically these are just med skill proposals.

Revive

Basically when you come across a fallen humanoid NPC, you have the ability to attempt to revive them. This involves a certain amount of medical resources (Stimpaks to start). Successfully reviving an NPC would grant exp points, karma, and the continued existence of said NPC on this plane of existence (and possibly his good favour) but there is a random percentage chance of success based on medical skill, though would still be very chancy. If failed, the victim is gone for good. Probably would come as a perk, namely one received from an NPC or high medical skill. Will not work on those damaged beyond any possibility of repair, such as cannibalized, dismembered, or vaporized corpses.

Field Medicine

Instead of handing over Stimpaks which may or may not be used, or cannot be done during combat, you can actively administer medicine to NPCs in combat. I'm not too sure how this would go in. Perhaps some sort of syringe? Or a binded separate key that uses a Stimpak each time on that targeted character? If it is a syringe would also work in VATS to target specific parts of a friendly's body. To balance it out, it would have much less effectiveness than using it on yourself, though still would be tied to your medical skill.

Medicine Synthesization

Enough said. I want to see something more ingredient-based and advanced than the current "leave some Jet to simmer on the stove for 2-3 hours". I want to also see some new compounds, as well, and some new ingredients, like Brahmin Dung, and those Green Glowy Mushrooms you see in some dark places.

Syringe (weapon)

Load it up with Stim or other chems to use on friendlies, or you could load it with some new chems with some very different effects.

- Tranquilizer to quickly subdue target NPCs. Any humanoid hit with the needle quickly goes unconscious, without alerting nearby people (unless they see you doing it). This allows you to subsequently fit a slave collar, search their person, or eat them before they wake up, as if they were dead. Note that if they are aware of your presence, all it will do is cripple their head.

- Poison. Simple enough: anyone hit with the needle goes down without a fight. Like the above, works instantly if the target does not notice you (otherwise it will give them -1 hp a second) and won't be noticed by others unless you do it in front of them.

In addition, the poison and tranquilizer can be inserted into food and beverages, but I don't know how useful this would be or if it would even work. Perhaps it could be a special scripted sequence used for certain characters? Like when you need to assassinate someone.

the med synth and syringe ideas sound like very doable mods to me :)

personally I'd like to see a dart gun mod with more dart gun effects (like being able to poison your arrows in oblivion)

although from playing it kinda seems like its the gun that has the effects and not the ammo so it might be a little wierd....

and as for revive...well, I'd rather dead stuff stayed dead :P

*EDIT*

I just found this drug making mod while browsing nexus

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=1032

You know? They need field turrets as well.. I like the revive idea (Hate seeing dogmeat dead) and the syringe gun. Maybe load one up with tons of Jet, shoot it at someone, and make their head explode. o_O

ok i whant this

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/5353/262455-syringe_img_super.png best wep in game lol o this is from team fortress 2 but u wud have a reload problem it wud look funny

- Poison. Simple enough: anyone hit with the needle goes down without a fight. Like the above, works instantly if the target does not notice you (otherwise it will give them -1 hp a second) and won't be noticed by others unless you do it in front of them.

How about if the target does notice you instead of them losing practically no hp you no longer have a 100% chance of stabbing them with it and the odds of you hitting them with it depends on your melee/unarmed skill.

Actually how about this: chance of success depends on your medical skill. I mean, you gotta have a certain amount of anatomical knowledge to jab someone with a needle. If you succeed, target receives a lethal dose of poison and dies almost immediately. If you fail, the target is poisoned for 10 seconds with -1 health per second.

And in addition, perhaps an alternate delivery method could be combined with the Dart Gun? Pressing R while using the Dart Gun brings up a loading screen, which allows you to choose what to spray the darts with. Inserting a poisonous compound basically does the same thing as before, inserting a tranquilizer compound slows down the target and decreases accuracy, and eventually at least for humanoids, they'll go unconscious.

Archived