Constructible Object categories - forging armor

gizmologist

Does anyone know how Skyrim decides which forge recipes to put in which categories?

I've added a few recipes in the CK to allow me to forge armor that usually can't be forged (ancient nord stuff) but its showing up under the Steel category (probably because I started with a recipe for steel armor and modified it), and I'd like it under Draugr category along with the Draugr weapons. (I'm not sure if the Draugr weapon recipes are vanilla or part of Immersive Armors.)

I'm really puzzled. Does Skyrim decide for itself, perhaps based on keywords? Or is there a setting somewhere I've missed?

Yes, it decides using keywords. The weapon recipes are vanilla, and there are already vanilla recipes for the armor too. You have to be using the skyforge and have completed the companions questline to see them. the weapons are under the weapon category Draugr and are called Nord Hero weapons. If not then they are part of a mod. But the armor is under the weapon category Daedric, so if you do not have the daedric smithing perk, you cant see the armor in crafting.

This means all you have to do to make the armor craftable under draugr is to go to Items > Armor > Draugr and edit all the ArmorDraugr[Armor]'s by removing the keyword ArmorMaterialDaedric and adding ArmorMaterialDraugr. Now you should be able to craft them at the skyforge, and you don't even need to make a new recipe! If i remember right there are some mods that will show the draugr category in any forge. I'm just going by vanilla.

IDK why it would be showing up under steel now though, if all you did was change a recipe and not the armor itself.

Ah I didn't think of that! It shouldn't cause HUGE problems as far as i know, it depends on where and how the WeapMaterialDraugr keyword is used, but im guessing you will at least see it in the draugr category while smithing. All you have to do to give it its own ArmorMaterialKeyword is go to Miscellaneous > Keyword and create new, and type in ArmorMaterialDraugr. You then replace the Daedric keyword on the armor itself. Whether that will make it show up in the draugr smithing category, im not sure. It will either show up in Draugr or in Misc. You could test it out though. Maybe take a look at this:

http://www.creationkit.com/Customizing_Crafting_Categories

Then, if you want to go far enough to make the armor work correctly with the matching set heavy armor perk again, since it no longer has the daedric keyword, you need to go to the Actors > Perk, find MatchingSetHeavy, edit the Modify Armor Rating entry in the perk entry. You will see a conditions box with a perk owner tab filled with all kinds of ArmorMaterial[Materials]. Then add new, and a Conditions dialogue box will pop up.

The first thing to change is the Conditions Function: Change it from GetIsID to WornApparelHasKeywordCount (its second to last on the list). Now go to the box that says invalid and click on it. In the dropdown, select your newly made ArmorMaterialDraugr. Then in the Value box, change the 1 to 4, and Check the box next to OR. Then press OK three times and Voila!

There may be other things to add the new keyword to, but that is the most noticeable one.