[WIP] Cerberus Protect Gear: Armour

Baelkin

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe have the GLOWING LOGO OPTIONAL? Cause I really dig the GLOWING LOGO!

Eye's two though!

Uhmm no. As said, other modders can do this easily once the original is released, and I don't even know what logo you are talking about as the work I'm basing this on doesn't feature one, at least not anything that has to be remotely glowy. :mellow:

Anyway, most of the body work is done now along with the shoulders, so all I need to low polyfy is the belt and the gewgaws hanging from it. I figure it should be possible to keep it on its own mesh element and not welded to anything on the body mesh (as Bethesda have done on most of their own models) so it should be somewhat faster to make as I won't have to consider how it's supposed to be welded together with the body. There is however a lot of small dodads and extra elements on it for added detail I'll need to simplify at their respective locations (like the cursed latch on the box at the lower back of the model) but all in all it doesn't look to be that bad a task.

After that the arduous and tedious task of making the UVW and then the bake itself. :wallbash:

Honestly, I'm getting flippin' tired of having this project hanging over my head. Making the same model twice blows chunks, so this'll probably be the only model I'll attempt at making a baked normal for in a long time, despite the fact that it allows for great performance while still looking rad. :glare:

Faster its done, faster it stops hanging over your head, faster we shut up :)

once its finished we can find someone else to harrase while they make an MG 42 :P

I know, I've just become lazy and fat. Well lazy at least. :P

not tryin to hang it....sorry rush ya though I'd rather wait untill YOU think's it good.

It's cool man, everyone needs a good shove now and then to get going on their projects instead of hanging themselves in details (I'd rather use a proper solid rope). I'm just glad I didn't make a thread on the official forums because they'd have lynched me by now. :D

I have a silly question someone might be able to help me with in terms of designing low polys for normal baking. The latch on the back of the ammo box on the belt is a pretty complex gewgaw, so I was wondering if it would be possible to have the below polygon setup on the low poly and have all the details show up as applied by the normal map? Or would I have to make the rudimentary details picked out in polys, and have those enchanced with the normal map?

The polys I was thinking of reducing it to (or close to) is show in green lines on the below image. I'm sorry for the craptastic quality, but I've done something to my render settings/scene lighting that completely mucks up the lighting when I render the scene. :s

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/Baelkin/Item%20Renders/Low%20Poly/LowpolyLatchpolys.jpg

• 2 weeks later...