4Aces TexMesh

KMA

A few people have requested that I do the DLCs but I cannot bring myself to pay an additional $10 for just 3 hours of very limited game play in the first two. The third could be worth it, I do not have enough details about it yet. I do have a donations button on my web page and if I received donations (towards my modding them), then I would get them just to mod them for you.

If there are donations, but not enough to get a DLC then I will return the money (I believe this is possible with Paypal). This is not essential, and I cannot imagine the first two DLCs having much new content anyway (compared to other mods), but I should make the option available to you. If you do donate for this reason, please specify which one you want me to get in the comments box that comes with the donation. I will keep the values separate and let you know their totals. Of course you do not have to limit yourself to donating for just the DLCs. ;)

So far there has been one (extremely generous) donation. I failed to notice it earlier, so if you are that person and would like me to work on anything in particular (like the DLCs) please PM me. By quoting your email address I will know it is you.

Everyone, please continue to let me know what other mods you would like to see me do. I am so busy with everything that I do not get as much time to visit the forums as I would like (or even update my web page). Sometimes mods slip past my radar, so it is up to you to make sure I am doing what you want. You are also helping me pay attention to what the community is doing, and what wonderful things are being accomplished.

Cheers!

Edited to update

The 4Aces Weapons Rewoked mod is up.

See the description page for details. I will be testing it further myself, but if you find any problem let me know.

One warning: Shotguns are a little more deadly at point blank range, so be careful. ;)

Edit 2

My reworking of Tyana Rie's Glowy Armor - Pick and Choose, and Glowy Power Armor have been uploaded into my HiRes mod's files. The first had my sharpening/texturing process applied to its already HiRes textures. The Second was almost completely redone with my HiRes Armor as the base, and the glowing sections were redone somewhat. Overall file size was reduced wherever possible. It is considered a Beta since I did not get time to test it yet (but I have a pretty good idea of what it looks like). ;)

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I have finished my version of the FOOK textures and am working on the meshes now. They are proving to be more challenging that I previously thought, so I am not sure how much longer it will take before I can release. I hope to have it out by tomorrow (edit - Sun. Mar 29).

"Dear FileFront User:

We regret to inform you that due to the current economic conditions we are forced to indefinitely suspend the FileFront site operations on March 30, 2009. If you have uploaded files, images or posted blogs, or if you would like to download some of your favorite files, please take this opportunity to download them before March 30th when the site will be suspended."

Of course that means that some of my links will die when that happens. When my new site with its dedicated server is up I will let you all know.

EDIT - I did not realize that FOOK had two upgrades since I started on it two weeks ago. I updated my version from 1.3 to 1.5, and it took me almost a full day to do all the new textures. That means that I am just going to get started on the meshes now, so expect the finished product sometime Monday.

After spending quite a long time downloading my files from FileFront (just in case) I have decided to remove them early. Their servers are all over the place for speed and reliability. I was able to download one 700+MB file faster than one that was only 14MB, and the timeouts were fairly frequent (means start the DL over again). I will be posting links to my new website (with a private server) soon.

Cheers!

Edit - Is anyone getting c0000005 Errors (fails to initialize) with the latest Nifscope (.18)? It is working with more of the meshes than .16 would, but it is failing to launch half the time. Just wondering if it is only my version or if this is a new bug?

I am just finishing the editing of the FOOK meshes and am beginning to add entries into the Fook.esp Texture Sets. This means that I will be able to test tomorrow and release either tomorrow night or early Thursday. Whew, that means that it has been a whole month, on this one project.

Now, I just did a little digging on the Pitt and found all the problems, when it hit me. I had assumed that they were going to release a patch when they released the second DLC. When I start to look for issues with patch 1.4 I found this "The patch does not actually fix any bugs." The full Changelog is listed as being:

What's new in Fallout 3 Patch 1.4.0.6:

New Features:

· New achievements for The Pitt

· Support for multiple downloadable content

Which means that calling it a patch is a lie. It is an upgrade, nothing more. Now I understand why I have received more donations towards my purchase of Op Anchor than the Pitt. I thought the Pitt would easily win, but around the time that it was released all the donations for both just stopped. Even added together there would not be enough for one. If you donated towards either of the DLCs then your money has been refunded, and Paypal does not charge anything, so if you do not get a full refund within the next week let me know.

Thanks to everyone who has donated to 4Aces Modding in general, as well as the loyal fans who came back to vote. I think that FOOK will be the last of my modding for Fallout 3, barring my team deciding on building a totally new game area (like Florida) separate from the official Fallout 3. Something like that would take months and cost a lot, so I doubt that it will happen, but you never know. We need to find a project that will bring in enough downloads, ratings, and donations so that we can build a good business pattern to get funding for our company. Fallout 3 is six months old and still has major memory holes, and this latest fiasco of the Pitt being released with bad meshes (a lot of them) and floating objects (galore), does not bode well for future modder interest. I still know people that have had the game since day 2 and have not opened it. They are still waiting for a proper patch that fixes most of the CTDs.

That reminds me, I still need a couple more fallout.ini files (2 for Vista, 1 for XP at least) from people with stable games. A lot of people say they have them but only a few sent me their files. I need them if I am to discover the commonalities that make the game stable. So far the only thing that I can see is that if you have anything less than an Ultra System (not just graphics but 6+GB RAM with a Quad Core), then the game is full stable when using less than Ultra graphics. This just further enforces my belief that all the issues are just poor memory management (or a complete lack of). Textures are loaded into memory and are not cleared (console command PCB has little effect) even if you have them set to do so on fast travel (or they clear after the new textures are loaded - aka - after you pass the 4GB mark and CTD). XP is much more RAM friendly so it also seems to have an effect, but nothing is certain yet.

Well I have to get back to it,

Cheers!

Well I guess there are not many people that are visiting here or FileFront. It turns out that the original owners of the site rescued it on April 1st (and it was not a joke). So FileFront did not go down after all. I am still not planning to host my files there as I began uploading to our private server. I will have links to everything tomorrow in case there is anyone interested.

I'm also absolutely interested in the FOOK files, as well as getting links to the vanilla armor and weapon texture packs. Great work on these mods. On a side note I started playing Fallout 1 again today and felt a twinge of extreme sadness and nostalgia for the days when I was a teenager in the late 90's and Fallout was a brand new thing. If there is ever another Fallout game at all, and done in the old style with an isometric engine, I could literally go to my grave happy. Thanks again for your hard work.

Ah, I did not think anyone was reading the thread. I figured everyone was just using the Mod comment area.

LinkesAuge I sent a PM update. The UL is going slowly, and looks like it will take another two hours at least, so you

should have it by morning (your time). ;)

Riddleofsteel: I know what you mean. I pull them out once every 18-24 months and play through them. I doubt that you will ever see that type of isometrics, but I have a game design that I will be pitching to my group. Hopefully in a few years you may get part of your wish fulfilled. I cannot be more specific, as I have been working on it for over 8 rewrites (3+ years) and do not want to give anything away. Lets just say the it has aspects of Fallout in it for sure, and that when it is done, I will want to play it.

I will have the files up tomorrow for you. Do you just want the (HiRes) Vanilla Armor and Weapons or are you looking for the total pack? When I took down the FileFront files (when they were shutting down - DOH!), I found that these had very few downloads, and that most were going for the full pack of Vanilla HiRes. I was just going to update with everything (not the optional mods) and make it a single version for ease of installing. If you want them separately, that is fine with me. It will not take that long to upload them.

Cheers!