4Aces TexMesh

KMA

Sorry I have been neglecting this thread. Most people are just going to the comments section of the mods, but I will try and update here more frequently.

FOOKU has been released and most of the bugs have been squashed. The remainder are either very specific or due to mod conflicts.

EDIT (April 18/09)

My Radeon 4870 blew last night, and I had to go to a really old video card. The card does not work perfectly (random colored pixels across the screen from time to time), but it allows me to handle basic functions. My modding is going to likely stop until my RMA'd card comes back in two to four weeks. I will still be present to assist anyone having difficulties.

Well I finally got enough ini files to analyze and I have found that the vast majority

are Vanilla values. There a few tweaks here and there, that have no major impacts

to gameplay. Surprisingly most people have not even turned their multithreading

on (so that the game actually uses more than one core of your processor - only

for people with dual/quad cores of course). I had just started systematic testing

of this to see what impact (if any) on performance it has, when my Radeon 4870

died. I installed my old card, and the game gets about 10FPS with quite a bit of

the graphics disabled and the screen nerfed to 1024x768. My analysis is on

hiatus until my RMA'd card is back since the tests are not at the proper level

(Ultra).

Until then, if you are experiencing crashes then I strongly suggest going back to

the original fallout.ini file that the game made. When I did this the game ran 2-3X

longer before crashing. In situations (after about 20 minutes of play) where the

game would have CTD'd before it would get laggy for a second, and then it recovered

and would keep on going. It seems that at least a few of these variables are misleading

and if they are like the other files in the game, then some are likely not even used. With

a near complete lack of commenting by the programmers, it can be very difficult to tell.

Tweak Guides has been a bible for every game I have ever played, but for this game, it

does not work as well. If you are experimenting yourself, make one change, then test.

Then make another and test again. The game goes from stable to unstable very easily.

Good Luck tweaking.

The first three people who PM can be beta testers for my weather mod. My other tester is busy, and with my video card out of action, I cannot test it myself. I had already spent about 6 hours testing (before the card died) and revising, so it is 99% done. It really gives the appearance of a wasteland to the game and makes nights much more of a tactical experience.

I will post here when all three slots are filled. Please only volunteer if you can play the game for at least a few hours right away. The faster I get the feedback the faster I can release this. This mod only alters the weather, and will not mess up any saved games. Cheers!

Filled:1/4

• 1 month later...

Well I have unfortunately been forced into moral combat with Diamond Multimedia. They promised that they would return my video card in a week to a week and half max and it has been over a month. All they say is 'we are looking into it'. That means my modding is still on hold since I cannot use my system until it has a working video card. I will be updating my webpage with full details when I get access to my friend's laptop. If you are thinking of buying on of their cards you might want to see all the evidence of how you will be ignored.

This is not a rant, as the Better Business Bureau of California (where DMM is HQ'd), and the Ontario Consumer Protection Agency have been notified of this (as I warned DMM I would be doing). I guess getting fined by the OCPA for $5K - $150K is worth it to have no customer service. All they have are Technicians trying to fill in for the Customer Service Agents that were either fired or quit two months ago. So far no one has ever apologized for any inconvenience, and no one has called/emailed me with an update. In fact they claim that the technical department cannot get an answer out of their RMA department.

I am seriously thinking about shorting their stock, as the removal of customer service usually precedes bankruptcy...

P.S. If you are forced to try and deal with them do not use their Trouble Ticket system for anything other than Technical issues. They do not even read Customer Service Tickets (since there are no CS agents). You have to call or use their online chat (with a technical rep). If you call you will also be getting the same technical reps, so if it is long distance than just use online chat. I will be posting instructions on how to record everything you do with them properly on my website in the next few days.

Edit - If this continues for another week I will likely be forced to buy a new video card and sue Diamond Multimedia for breach of contract (warranty). Some of you were wondering why we ask for donations, well this is a prime example of system maintenance costs, not to mention my subscription to Crazy Bump expired two weeks ago. :(

I'm not quite sure what it is, but I'm crashing every time I take the elevator to Hubris Comics - Printing. I re-copied all the files from the regular FOOK and tried it and it worked fine. It's FOOKU that's not working. Also, it would be nice if the 'no glow' files removed all the glow. I'm still getting glowing toilets.

Got through Hubris Comics now but I still crash every now and then. One time it seemed turning off Antialiasing and Ansiotropic Filtering made me crash. I would've expected the opposite >.>

Also, I'm not sure which addon it is, but the texture for the N99 10mm pistol isn't matching up. Actually, I can't even find this gun in the data files, but it's there in game, sitting on the stool in craterside supply. It might not even be one of your mods though.

Anyways I know what you mean about poor customer support. I was supposed to get a copy of Far Cry with my video card but TigerDirect said they must have messed up, then they said it wasn't supposed to mail with the video card, that I was supposed to go to some website or something. They never did make it right.

• 1 month later...

I have not checked here since no one was using it. I am just about to dump Vista x64 and go to a

dual XP x64 / Win 7 x64 system. After that is over and I get all my files reinstalled I will be testing

out my new BSA files. If Bethesda hid a toilet outside of the proper folders then I will track it down,

and end its luminosity.

Since I am wrapping up my modding of Fallout 3, please either visit me on my forum

http://sri-corp.com/Forum/ or PM me. Please let me know

by the 25th if you are having any problems with any of my mods. Please identify which mods of

mine that you are using, and any others from other modders. If I need the load order I will ask,

but since all except FOOKU are just textures and meshes they cannot cause most problems.

Thanks everyone,

4Aces