First Time Modder having trouble with Mature Skin Texture

Menethenes

Im new to modding Skyrim and have been trying out a few mods, but an having trouble with one.

I saw the Mature skin texture and body for UNP CBBE ADEC by Maevan2, both my GF and I thought it was a gorgeous skin and we wanted to try it out. I am using the Nexus Mod Manager as Im not fully versed in manually altering the files. I do not have any other mods activated as this is a fresh install of the game.

I am following the directions carefully; I DLed and activated the DIMONIZED UNP female body first, then activated the Mature Skin mod. When activating the mature skin mod, it asks me if I want to overwrite certain texture files, which I let it do. Once entering the game, my character does NOT have the new skin, and in addition she has double nipples and belly buttons and a misplaced skin around the hips, as if two skins are vying for control of her life.

I am wondering if I should deactivate the mods and try doing this manually? Any ideas? Thanks!

I don't use mature skin but looking at the files section, I see that there are separate downloads for the normal maps and textures (Normally, these files are packaged together).

From the sounds of it, you may have dimon's textures clashing with the mature skin normals (or vice versa). You will need to install both the textures and the normal maps for everything to line up correctly.

I use Mature skin texture for all of my mods. I recommend downloading manually into a separate folder, you can then find optional textures to just copy and paste into the correct folder.

You can see how they look in my mods:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/34638

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35120

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35437

• 1 month later...

I have exactly the same problem. Somebody please help me hoe can i made it to work.

read the whole post, the answer is already given...

Either you didn't install it right, or you play a custom race which comes with its own textures and you have to manually replace them to be active on your character.

• 6 months later...

I'm having a similar problem, although mine more stems from not knowing how to install any of this, not being able to even find the dimonized unp etc. or anything...

can someone talk to me like I'm an idiot and explain as if I've never done any of this before step by step what I'm supposed to do, or else point me in the direction of something that can clarify all this stuff for me? cause I'm crazy confused

edit:

okay so after a little bit of investigation I think got dimonized thing to work, but still no mature skin filter... at least as far as I can tell... is it supposed to be listed in the data files? cause neither of them are showing there... but I did follow the directions for the dimonized thing, so I can't imagine why that's not working

Edited by TheDeadHavRisen