Request: Perk Mechanical Overhaul

immortalfrieza

Hi all.

I'd like to see many Perks particularly those involving weapons do more intricate things when it comes to mechanical effects. For instance, the Rifleman perk only increases damage and at later levels ignores armor. It doesn't effect my accuracy, how quickly I move with a non-automatic rifle drawn, how quickly I draw and holster it, range, how quickly I can reload or really how I do anything when I'm using non-automatic rifles. And it's the same with any other perk that controls weapons, they just don't do much other than increasing raw damage and it's unfortunate.

Locksmith I would prefer if instead lockpicking wasn't gated behind having the locksmith perk but instead you could technically try picking any lock but like in Skyrim it's really really difficult to pick say a Master lock without even the first level of the Locksmith perk, while consequently while you have enough of Locksmith for Master easy locks are even easier. Or same idea with Hacker you can hack any computer but make the junk words longer and have a lot more of them if you don't have Hacker.

Things like that. I also realize that some sort of system would have to be put in place to make the player worse than they are by default in order for this to have real impact, since in terms of sway and reload and speed and so on you're as good with a gun at level 1 as you will be 200 levels later. However, even if the difference is only marginal I'd like more motivation to pick these perks in a mechanical sense rather than in the pure stats sense, or as is the case with Hacker/Locksmith because I absolutely positively need them to do things. These and any others the modder can think of.

Edited by immortalfrieza