Barnacles emitting infinite radiation

bluemoonies

Hello there, as title says in my game every barnacle i meet doesn t stop emitting radiation. Normally the radiation cloud should last around 10-20s but in my game it last as long as i m in that cell.

Does anyone have any clue about what could be the issue? thanks in advance

It sounds interesting.. you could try opening the game with no mods to see if it still happening. Maybe it's a feature of a mod? Where are these Barnacles?

If I do just remove the unofficial patch they do return to normal behaviour, just tested it. As to where they are, they are mostly in far harbor and very few in the commonwealth, in my game it happens to every single barnacle, be it in an interior zone or exterior.. I also assume this could be very problematic in settlemets that have them like the dalton farm in far harbor, since cells dnt reset in settlements

I see. If disabling UFO4P alone solves this issue maybe you could check if it's a feature of UFO4P.

i checked their changelog and I don't see anything regarding that, I even wrote on their mod page to ask if it was intentional or a bug but they decided it was best to delete my comment

Well, it's really unlikely UFO4P causes this. I have to look into these Barnacles in Creation Kit.. Hopefully, I'll find something.

EDIT: Okay, found it.. You can see the changes they've made here. They modified the TrapBarnacle script. I'm not suggesting it, but obviously it's your decision whether you use the script from UFO4P or use the vanilla one. Note that they will not provide support if you choose to use the vanilla script.

You can trust the UFO4P team, they obviously know what they're doing :)

But if the radiation coming from the barnacles really bothers you, you can:

1. Open the console.

2. Click on the barnacle

3. Type "SV"

4. You'll see the created reference of the "MyHazard" (it starts with FF). If you type: "Prid FFxxxxxx" (where xxxxxx are the numbers after FF) and then "Disable", the radiation effect will disappear.

The console commands I wrote were meant for testing only, you shouldn't use them during gameplay.

Edited by LarannKiar

Well, it's really unlikely UFO4P causes this. I have to look into these Barnacles in Creation Kit.. Hopefully, I'll find something.

Â

EDIT: Okay, found it.. You can see the changes they've made here. They modified the TrapBarnacle script. I'm not suggesting it, but obviously it's your decision whether you use the script from UFO4P or use the vanilla one. Note that they will not provide support if you choose to use the vanilla script.

Â

You can trust the UFO4P team, they obviously know what they're doing :)

Â

But if the radiation coming from the barnacles really bothers you, you can:

Â

1. Open the console.

2. Click on the barnacle

3. Type "SV"

4. You'll see the created reference of the "MyHazard" (it starts with FF). If you type: "Prid FFxxxxxx" (where xxxxxx are the numbers after FF) and then "Disable", the radiation effect will disappear.

Â

The console commands I wrote were meant for testing only, you shouldn't use them during gameplay.

thank you, I do really appreciate the help and the link, so basically if I get this right, they did intentionally alter it cause the original script was throwin errors of some sort? I can understand the logic but I really don t agree about them altering how the trap should work, but that s just me.

Also got no idea on how I would revert that change or even make it more vanilla friendly. Honestly if it wasn t for the fix to the random encounters they did, I would probably still play vanilla

Edited by bluemoonies

If you'd like to use the vanilla script, go to your Fallout 4 installation folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Base

You'll see the Base.zip file in the Base folder. Open this file and extract the TrapBarnacle.pex file to your Scripts folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts

So it should look like this:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\TrapBarnacle.pex

If I remember correctly, they also modified the TrapThistle.pex file too. You could do the same:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\TrapThistle.pex

A bit off-topic I know, but what was the problem with your random encounters? Did they dry up?

If you'd like to use the vanilla script, go to your Fallout 4 installation folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Base

You'll see the Base.zip file in the Base folder. Open this file and extract the TrapBarnacle.pex file to your Scripts folder:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts

So it should look like this:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\TrapBarnacle.pex

If I remember correctly, they also modified the TrapThistle.pex file too. You could do the same:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\TrapThistle.pex

A bit off-topic I know, but what was the problem with your random encounters? Did they dry up?

thank you again for the detailed reply, I really had no idea about these folders, will definetely try it out!

regarding random encounters yes, they did indeed dry up, on top of my head campfire encounters were either empty or occupied by something or someone like the gassy settler, chockepoints encounters never showed up anymore after triggering them only once and lastly automatron blocked a couple of random encounters hotspots like the ones from the robobrain quest that prevented anythhing else to spawn