SKSE not loading

playtryout

This started a few days ago when I tried starting my game using the SKSE loader shortcut I had on the desktop. I got a popup that was a Steam Error "Application Load Error P:0000065432". Then I tried using the loader in NMM, Wrye Bash and the regular Steam loader.

Nothing worked, I went and reloaded the game.

Prior to that, I started having problems with CTD, I set up Papyrus to log the events. didn't help, but I did find that I was having a series of hard drive problems and had to run check disc. I did a full defrag and ran all the diagnostics, everything seemed to work fine until I got the message above.

The first time I tried loading from the SKSE loader in the Skyrim folder I got the same message, after that, when I tried using the loader, or a shortcut, I get the Steam app loader for Skyrim. I've checked though the console "getskseversion" I got a message basically telling me SKSE wasn't loaded.

First time I tried loading all the mods I had loaded, did the same thing.

So I tried loading just the very minimal items, which included what Steam mods I have.

Everything worked until I reloaded SKSE. I've tried getting a new copy from silverlock, didn't help.

I've tried from a desktop shortcut and from the exe itself in the Skyrim folder.

I've set the exe as requiring admin to use, didn't help. Still loads the Steam app.

I've tried rebooting, I've tried reloading the game, in the last two days I'm up to four reloads, I have my doubts that five is the lucky number.

I've performed a defrag, disc repair and registry cleanup. So far, a mod that's worked so well for months no longer works...And I don't see a reason why.

same problem cant get no help from steam thinking its thier issue tried every solution ive found online including totally uninstalling steam and reinstalling NOTHING!!!! IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE POST A FIX .im totally frustrated as no response from steam support, at wits end.

Verify your game cache and ensure your SKSE & Game is up to date. Sounds like a version mismatch between skse and skyrim, specifically check the version number on the skyrim.exe file.

Yup, did that. I even went and downloaded fresh copies thinking that something might have happened (not likely, but I was reaching for straws) to the files.

I did the file verification, now here's strange item to note. When I did the verification, there was, at different times, as I did the check multiple times, one or two files missing.

I finally bit the bullet and did a reload, again several times as files kept going missing.

I do a D/L then reboot and start a new game to set the .ini files, then I tried to start up NMM or as a trial TMM (just trying it out) and I'd get a notice telling me Skyrim.esm was missing. I'd go look and sure enough it and perhaps other files were gone.

They were there, I couldn't start the game without them.

I'm not sure what's happening here, but something is strange.

I've loaded a few mods to see if things are working properly and I've noticed that when I run BOSS the mods I've loaded in NMM are not showing up. All I have is Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. As I have Bash installed there's a bashed file there too.

I performed a defrag, disc check and registry cleaning before I started loading the game files. I had Steam do a verification as noted above and I've setup a vanilla backup.

While I've had some difficulties before with this game, I have not seen anything like what I'm seeing now.

These seem strange to me, now I'm no expert when it comes to modding and gaming, I play whenever I have the time I've enjoyed this game, but lately I haven't had much gaming time in this.

Any help, maybe suggestions other than the standard ones, I've been reading this and other sites similar to this looking for advise that may help me fix my problems.

Thanks for your time and any assistance anyone may be able to provide in advance.

OK, a change, now SKSE works. I verified the fact using the console in game.

I loaded it, and tried it from a shortcut.

I did set it to run as an admin.

I was running this game as an administrator, I figured that out some years ago on other games.

The mods are still only showing up in NMM but not anywhere else, I wanted to try out TESmm but it doesn't seem to want to open now. I haven't figured out why yet.

By the way, one thing I think I've figured out, when I did a file verification on Steam, there was always a need to replace files. One file I had changed was Update.esm by cleaning it in TES5edit. That is one we should clean, isn't it?

Have a look at this link http://steamcommunity.com/app/72850/discussions/0/810920325460240676/ it seems to be a recent problem. The consensus is that it is a Steam problem which they need to fix as it seems to affect all Steam games on your system. I can confirm this as I have the same problem. I have had this problem for the last couple of days. Yesterday it went away for a few hours, came back again, went away and is now back again. A solution that works for me is to exit Steam via the task bar and restart Steam. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you exit your game, but it will allow you to play.