Change gauss ammo texture to Electron Charge Pack instead of Microfusi

youreviltwinSA

I'm thinking it might be interesting to have the Operation Anchorage gauss rifle use electron charge packs rather than microfusion cells, as Electron Charge packs aren't as common as microfusion cells, plus the old ammo in Fallout 2 was called "2mm EC". The Operation Anchorage gauss rifle already has a giant magazine full of 2mm bullets, so all that's needed is the "EC" part, Electron Charge Packs. ;)

I've used the GECK to change the ammo to electron charge cells, but could someone alter the gauss rifle model so it uses the texture of the Electron Charge Pack rather than a Microfusion Cell? I'd think that might be quite easy given that Microfusion Cells and Electron Charge Packs have the same model and only the texture is different.

Aw come on, this sank to page 3 of requests with no replies? Not even a comment of why this is a good or bad idea?

I'm sure this is a very simple request. It's not like creating a new model. I'd happily do it myself, but I don't know which file I should be editing, and whether it is something I do in the GECK or with some other programme.

Hmm... I've taken a look in the Operation Anchorage weapon texture folder to see if I could find a specific ammo texture file for the Gauss rifle, but there doesn't seem to be one. That doesn't mean it isn't there, but I couldn't find the appropriate file at least. For all purposes it seems to use the vanilla MF cell ammunition model and texture, so how how you go about linking the EC ammo model/texture without replacing the standard MF texture I can't really say.

Archived