Improved Rock-It Launcher

ellhnaras

The vanilla Rock-it Launcher is overpowered, the ammo is heavy, and the noise drives me crazy.

The stats and the noise have already been addressed by mods.

But the ammo issue is major impediment to this weapon's wider use.

Some people have asked for a Rock-it Launcher that can shoot every item in the game, and I agree.

But why stop there when there are so much more fun to be had from this point of departure?

Items should deteriorate and break after subsequent uses as Rock-it Launcher ammo.

For example, I should not be able to pick a glass pitcher right after it tore the head off a Super Mutant.

It should have shattered into a thousand glass splinters upon impact with his skull.

Similarly, I would expect most items to be successively altered after each Rock-it Launcher firing until they finally dissapear or turn into something else, as in these examples:

Pre-War Book>Burnt Book>Destroyed Book>a cloud of confetti that fades to nothing

Iron>Sensor + Conductor + Scrap Metal

Tin Can>Bent Tin Can>Scrap Metal

Metal Armor> 5x Scrap Metal

If you use scrap metal as ammo it should come out as non-recoverable buck shot.

Explosives shot from the Rock-it launcher should... explode.

Liquor bottles should behave as molotov cocktails when fired from the launcher.

Flaming Ammo: If you have flamer fuel available the Rock-it Launcher should be able to shoot flaming items.

Imagine a flaming jumpsuit, a flambe teddy bear, a flaming skull, etc. loads of fun.

Power: The Rock-It Launcher should require some sort of power source like a Fission Battery making it a bit heavier to compensate for the increase in usefullness as it would become a scrap metal and spare parts producer by breaking junk apart.

Any takers?

Archived