Reus, a 2D God Game

Zblade495

Hey there, my name's Nick Witsel and I'm a Game Designer and fellow Elder Scrolls fan and lurker on these forums http://static.zenimax.com/forums.bethsoft.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

Modding is what got me into making games. When I was 14 I spent way to many hours making my owns .esp's in the Elder Scrolls CS, back in the good ol' days of Morrowind. I'll never forget the numerous amounts of iterations it took me to get my own working pet Durzog which didn't attack me.

So anyways, I just thought I'd share this game I'm currently working on:

some screenies!

http://press.abbeygames.com/reus/images/screen8.png

Reus is a 2D God Game in which you control these Giants. Through them, you control nature. Eventually humans start to settle and you can help them develop and advance. Sadly however, mankind isn't always the brightest lot; give them to much and they'll become greedy and start attacking other civilization.

http://press.abbeygames.com/reus/images/screen6.png

At release the game won't yet be moddable, it sorta depends on how well we sell. The Game's releasing this Thursday on Steam and GOG, so for you gamers out there who love a unique take on strategy, try it out! :smile:

The Game's main goal is developing separate Villages by providing them with the resources that they request. In return you get new powers in the form of these small guys standing on the shoulders of your giants. The game's full of numbers and stats, so if you're not into that, by all means, move along :smile: It's primarily aimed at strategy fans. But as an RPG fan myself I can definitely tell you the game can be great fun.

Anyways, if any of you have any questions or anything about the game or game development in general, please ask!

Looks fun, it's certainly different. Reminds me a bit of black & white, I always enjoyed sacri--- I mean helping my subjects. Can't wait to give it a try :)

Rezubi, on 13 May 2013 - 13:31, said:

Looks fun, it's certainly different. Reminds me a bit of black & white, I always enjoyed sacri--- I mean helping my subjects. Can't wait to give it a try :smile:

Thanks :smile: Games like Black and White and Populous definitely served as inspirations to the team. Edited by Zblade495

Peter Molyneux is doing a new game which he is saying will be a direct sequel to Black and White, Populous and Dungeon Keeper. I suggest you guys donate to him he has a website somewhere but I can't find it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/21/peter-molyneux-kickstarting-new-game-project-godus

On topic, love god games but this looks odd lol. I'll definitely wait until it's released and look into it more then though. Kinda distracted atm.

Edited by Bloodlust666

Yeah that'd be Peter Molyneux's Godus. We're definitely looking forward to it! But I still can't get over the fact the Dungeon Keeper II will never get the proper sequel it deserves :(

Btw, we've sent out some preview codes to various youtubers if you wanna have a better look at the game:

Here's one from IGN:

And here's a let's play:

Two questions.

Can the game play in a smaller window, or is it forced to full-screen or a window that always demands full priority?

Given that many things are time based, can the game be paused, either by changing focus to another window, or some pause button in the game?

Unfortunately my gaming habits lately have been more along the lines of games I can play during the dull parts of whatever it is I'm also doing... ADD gaming as it were, so always looking for new games that don't require too much memory/processing that I can just stick in a side window. Congrats on a release at any rate.

Two questions.

Can the game play in a smaller window, or is it forced to full-screen or a window that always demands full priority?

Given that many things are time based, can the game be paused, either by changing focus to another window, or some pause button in the game?

Unfortunately my gaming habits lately have been more along the lines of games I can play during the dull parts of whatever it is I'm also doing... ADD gaming as it were, so always looking for new games that don't require too much memory/processing that I can just stick in a side window. Congrats on a release at any rate.

The Game can be played in windowed mode yes. When playing in windowed mode you can rescale the window to a certain minimum. You can of course always minimize the window and open other applications.

While playing you can also always tap the spacebar to pause the game. :)

I hope that answers your questions :) Today we released on Steam and other platforms, so things are pretty exiting. We already managed to grab 4th spot on the Steam top sellers list, so we really hope people are enjoying the game!