How did Elenwen not notice Delphine or Esbern?

Deleted5960587User

• 1 month later...

As soon as I saw her, first time I played this, I spoke to her. She recognises the Dragonborn from the party and says so, then says the Dragonborn is making a big mistake associating with the Blades. indicating she at least suspects the source of the chaos in 'Diplomatic Immunity' which is one reason it gave me much pleasure to get her ejected from the conference!

I appear to be alone in enjoying the conference quest. I make a point of not engaging the CW so I can play through it. Consider the dynamics here, not just the Imperials and Stormcloaks but the Greybeards and Blades are diametrically opposed, then Arngier sat opposite the Dragonborn who may be by then Archmage of that collage of meddlesome wizzards. Balgruuf the independent Jarl and Elisef (who to be fair) is as much a puppet of the Imperials as they are of the Thalmor. The conference is only nessisary because of the intransigence of both side makes Balgruuf's position vunerable. As I usually play an Imperial my sypathies are with the Empire (who are blessed with barbers and tailors, Ulfric!) but Esbern has the truth of the matter so trying to get an equitable settlement is my 'duty' as Dragonborn, and for me hugely enjoyable.

If wearing outfits actually affected the game's dynamics what would you wear to the conference? If you could turn up in Blades armor it would offend the Greybeards but they would probably ignore the implicit insult to them because of their dedication to peace. You could wear Stormcloak or Imperial if you had chosen a CW side sending a clear signal or turn up in the Archmages robes or even as a priest of one of the divines, with all that entailed.

My only complaint with this quest is that there could be more of it. . .

Edited by frank lee

If wearing outfits actually affected the game's dynamics what would you wear to the conference?

For comedy's sake, turn up in your Dark Brotherhood gear and tell them that if they don't all stop bickering then no one is leaving the place in one piece.

Be funny just hearing their reactions.

This is the sort of thing were you wish that dragon shouts where a dialogue option.

Having Elenwen pipe up about being thrown out and replying with either a small unrelenting force hit or using bend will (if you have it) as a dialogue option to make her leave would bring a new level to the situation.

I'm actually a little afraid of 'Bend-Will' as many of my quest lines are seriously 'bent' already, if not plain broke! I don't know what will happen if, for instance, I used it on Esbern to try to get him to open the bleeding door, given the whole scene is a mares nest of glitches and bugs anyway - even if your installation isn't as erroded by multiple 'Big mod' installs as mine.

I have the suspicion it would wreak havoc with what is a main quest line. I daren't even keep it loaded under the shout key in case I hit someone with it. . .