Replay Operation: Anchorage

Canadacdn

I can't believe someone hasn't posted this yet.

Anyway, like most people here I was extremely disappointed to discover that you can only use the Anchorage simulation pod ONCE. This ruins replayability and reeks of laziness of Bethesda's part. A skilled modder should try and make the simulation pod usable again after you've completed the Anchorage quest, something that should have been included with the damn DLC the whole time.

i was trying to make this last night because it bothered me as well problem is i couldnt find anything anywhere in the script that told it not to allow the player to do the simulation again

however while im not exactly good at reading or writing scripts but i can do it a little bit it appeared that it always checked and then updated your quest for each part of the sim so i wonder if the fact that it needs to change an already completed quest could be the reason you cant enter multiple times

if thats the case the only way i can think of changing that without messing it up for people who havent done the quest yet is to make a separate chair and script for it that does not effect the quest what so ever maybe in another room that unlocks after you complete the quest version of the sim

the script part i could MAYBE do not definatly but maybe but i dont know anything about adding/making cells and as a consequence of that i dont know how to add anything to cells

that seems possible im not really sure what all is possible with scripting but i have an idea of what would work

not exactly a working script but a basic concept of what to tell it to do to reset the quest parts you would need reset though i would assume it would relock the door and make it so that the scribe cant repair your items anymore until you complete the quest again

ill see if i can figure out how to write the script if i get it before anyone makes this mod ill let you know

• 3 months later...
Well, this doesn't make the pod reusable, but it adds a sort of "door" to Operation Anchorage. If you're interested, this mod right here does that.

Archived