Call of the Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Wasteland

trippint82

I think people are going to get mad at the amount of request ideas I post, but hey that’s what the forums for right.

This basically is a mod for the Lovecraft mythos fans…….loosely based on the other Bethesda fps game Call of the Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth…….or a sequel sort of seeing they actually canceled the real one cause headfirst went belly up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Call_of_Cthul...rs_of_the_Earth

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/665/665079p1.html

It’s kind of a big project so it’s more of a fantasy but if anyone wants to go for it, but they did do one for half-life.

It’s a quest dungeon with a lot of additions.

I guess the mod would start as a pip boy radio signal from Jack Walters who was the protagonist of that game. Explaining some stuff about what happened and why he is there and his demise in this timeline. How would he get in the time line well he did teleport through space and time due to some Yithian technology so that’s not a problem really. The portal to the dungeon would obviously the dunwich building…..in front of the creepy statue in the basement.

As for the dungeon itself it would have to be sea orientated so I was thinking like a cultist cruse ship or something like that…….interiors use the rivet city layout. Also I thought some like caverns and possibly some cliffs and stuff. I’m trying to think of locations from the game. I don’t know if doing the whole thing would be possible. Maybe a lot of swimming……think water.

It also had a feature in it called the sanity system where the screen would get fuzzy kind of like the drug use in fallout……only it was from stress or something or low health. The only thing I could think of is some item switch in your inventory called the Elder Sign Pendant which you get when you go to this mod. Also I guess stripping you of all your gear would add to the creepiness. But make it so if you take the pendant off you get teleported back to the entrance….if things got too hard or whatever.

I think it should capture some of the elements of the game. Ones that really stick in my head is when you stay at the inn then the people rush in and you have to run from them…..died a lot of times doing that. Other things are the ship battle vs. Dagon and the mother hydra battle. In this mod the only boss I would really go for is Cthulhu himself which you would summon on the deck of this ship. He wasn’t a boss in that game per say so this is where that plot continues. Other ideas would be cool too this is a rough idea.

As for new gear I was thinking like a wastelanded armored version of the clothes jack wore, he was a detective. I think it should have some stat boosts, basically some of jacks spirit bonded to it or something. Based on some of the action from the game probably boost small guns, medicine and sneak……and maybe a chem resistance you can become an addict in that game so maybe that would give you some tolerance to that lol.

Also some textured versions of Brotherhood scribe robes for the high level Cthulhu cultists or bosses…..you know.

The weapons are can really just be the normal stock stuff from fallout really. I’m not sure depends what someone wants to do with it could make weapons hard to find and only a few of them. BUT……a few new ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6SkmX3F8Vk

Yithian Lightning Cannon Model D this probably would be a hard order cause its an animated gun…….a bit overpowered too cause it doesn’t run on ammo.

And a quest item schematic weapon the true Necronomicon. This is kind of my own idea and I don’t know if it’s possible. It’s basically a book with an animated beating heart in it, something creepy. So it’s like some special book item combined with the heart of Dagon…..because Jack took him out, a belt and a fission battery. It would shoot dark energy so like black bolts of power. The effects for killing someone should use the flesh eating plasma effect, if we got permission to use it, only instead of green goo its red blood and guts.

Maybe a scuba tank……other ideas again always welcome.

As for enemies I guess you could put in a bunch of pale wastelanders with pale eyes for the first areas. Then you put in some fish creatures. Now we already have mire lurks and mire lurk kings. Oblivion also had some fish creatures in the shivering isle and there where some in Dark corners as well. Other creatures would be cool but I don’t know what is possible, and I’m not a mythos expert or anything. The most important one is Cthulhu I kind of looked up some creatures people made for spore so maybe it’s possible. Here is a link………it’s way too cute for this mod tho.

I guess some friendly npcs would be nice the one that would be cool is H.P. who would be a kid in this area who is a shop repair person. I wanted a Lovecraft cameo

Some perks gained through this quest would be cool. Pip boy in some investigator gear. I think one would be like him with a book opened with tentacles attacking him, and one where he does a one legged victory pose on top of a dead Cthulhu. I thought maybe Mythos investigator and Mythos Master……

That’s my basic rough idea for this.

Archived